Glock Talk banner

VICKERS TACTICAL SLIDE STOP Good or Bad G43?

3419 18
Looking into the Vickers slide stop for g43. Know about it for other models but I've heard it's a mixed bag in terms of ifs functioning for 42/43. Is it a go or skip the hassle because it'll have feed issue or etc?

Edit: my "v" in Vickers got cutoff I Am aware ;)
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· G43 Fanboy
3,294 Posts
I have one in my G43 and really like it. The only thing is that the Vickers ext. slide stop seems to work better with a stringer/stiffer spring than the factory slide stop. So I took the spring out, stretched it a bit and reinstalled it. It's working great.

· G43 Fanboy
3,294 Posts
Ghost also released their version of extended slide stop lever for G42 and G43. Has anyone tried it? Any comparison with Vicker's?

· Have Gun Will Travel
3,464 Posts
I've had mine installed for several months. I like it a lot over the standard Glock SS. No problems of any kind so far although I've only put a few hundred rounds through it since the upgrade.

· Registered
152 Posts
I have them on all 4 of my Glocks, and have never had a negative issue with them. I think they are a vast improvement over the OEM design. In terms of function. If they make something you do quite often easier to do, and they always work as designed, what's not to like about it?

I often have trouble manipulating the OEM ones. Getting a purchase on it with my thumb. Plus, there is the added advantage of being able to push it upward very easily. Not often that you need to do that, but it is vastly easier to do that with the Vickers.

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Is your OEM slide stop not working?

Okay, I know it works. But that deep, visceral compulsion to d*ck up your Glock is right up there with the desire to breath, eat and reproduce. Its in the DNA.

:dog::dog::dog:
When Glock releases a factory extended slide stop and mags for the 43, I will ditch my Vickers and Pearce parts. But it looks like that ain't gonna happen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.