GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
729 Posts
American Legion and soon to be a member of the Disabled American Veterans. I'm not really active with the Legion other than continuing to pay my yearly dues.

·
Scouts Out
1,443 Posts
AMVETS because our post was named for my nephew who was killed in Korea in 1989.
VFW because I earned it.
Berlin Vets because I was at C P Charlie during a very historical moment.

·
El diablo verde
514 Posts
American Legion. I used to be an active member but had a falling out with a few guys. Now inactive but pay my dues. I hope the dues is going to help out with veterans affairs and not some lobby greasing senators/representatives.

·
Far East Sailor
163 Posts
Fleet Reserve Association, VFW and DAV

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
VFW, quit after I found out it was an another excuse for the guys to get together and get drunk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
VFW - Life member; we have nice chapter here that does a lot, even though there is a lot of "political crap" within its doors. I try to help, but time is hard.

DAV - Life member; because they help a lot of vets to get their just fruits when the VA Beauracracy is hell bent on taking it from them. They sure helped me. I donate a lot to them, and participate when I can.

American Legion; because when I first moved here they had the best organization in the area. They sold their building, and let politics get in the way of who they were. They're almost extinct now. I still belong as a member "a large".

Air Force Sergeants Association - Life member: Joined as a life member when I was still on active duty. Don't have a local chapter anywhere near me.

There are numerous others that I could join, but don't. If you join to many organizations, you end up with no life, and, a lousy member of most, if not all, of the organizations of which you are a member.

SgtSam

21 - 28 of 28 Posts