close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Veterans are receiving letters from Obama administration prohibiting the ow

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kozel, Feb 21, 2013.

1. KK40384

KK40384

2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

It wouldn't surprise me if it is real.

It's about control, not about guns.

3. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

I call major BS

4. CorkyE

CorkyE

Snopes doesn't know anything about it and I haven't got my letter yet... Sounds like some more internet scare tactics.

5. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

You wouldn't think that background checks were geared towards vets?

6. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

I actually had a civilian doctor change my PULHES "S" -psychiatric from a 1 to a 2 because I told her that I had been seen (a couple years) prior for some depression/adjustment issues and had been taking meds, but had been off them over a year with no issues. Had I not been able to get this changed, I would've lost my gov't security clearance, which meant I'd lose my current job, plus my job in the Reserves, and could've been kicked out of the Army. All this after a 5 minute interview.

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

What if you are wrong?

8. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

Was looking at the site's sources and there are some not-so-credible ones. Inforwars for example.

Found the author of the story's website and blog (the same story is posted there). His resume is pretty interesting.

http://michaelconnelly.jigsy.com/our-constitution

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

While like many here I cannot verify the authenticity of this, it does pass many of the smell tests. To believe that this cannot happen is to believe the TSA really keeps us safe and that the government has our best interest at heart. If this is proven valid/true... there is going to be some serious fallout from this and it may well be ugly.

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I have not received a letter like this "yet" and neither has anyone one I have spoke with. I will be in contact with some one from IAVA and other veterans groups Im involved with/part of tomorrow to see if they know anything about this.

:50cal:

11. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

12. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Yep.

Author claims to have just such a letter "in front" of him as he writes - yet, with all the modern conveniences available, he neglected to include a copy of the letter.

I also work with a number of veterans, more than one of whom has been diagnosed with PTSD. None have approached me (I'm the resident gun nut/"what the hell does this law mean?" guy) to ask about a letter they received.

Seems like a simple exercise to scan a .pdf copy and post it on the webpage. Even my phone has a free app that allows me to do just that, and it's a piece of crap.

13. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

If the story is credible, I would like to think it'd cause a lot of public outrage, and possibly open the public's eyes to the (obvious) control agenda. That's what I'd like to think.
    Sadly, what people actually support is too evident, and in clear contrast with what I would like to think would happen.

14. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

What if he is right?

Either way, it's not the end of the world. We still follow laws in this country. For all you naysaying Chicken Little types, I'll refer you to Heller, McDonald, and the ongoing fallout from both in Illinois regarding carrying of firearms.

Yes, Obama is antigun - no one questions that (at least, no one sane). But, some like to feed the frenzy (infowars, anyone?) and make money off the results. Don't buy into the hype..

That doesn't mean we don't need to be vigilant - it just means that 95% of the hype is just that. Valid threats DO exist to gun ownership, no doubt...but, to read this board, you'd think the helicopters are spinning up as we speak to come get us.

I hope they tell me when they leave - I'd hate to miss the fun!

15. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

As a patriot we are not required to follow laws that violate the Constitution. To do so only validates the "law" and gives it power. I think many patriots forget this, don't want to make waves... anyhow.

Personally I am sitting on the fence on this particular article/event. Chances are pretty good it's BS, but what if it isn't. Do we just accept the arbitrary ruling of a government body? It kind of smells of the crap that is happening in CA. http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472991

16. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

I love that codeword, "patriot". It warns me stupid stuff is about to be spoken.

As I said, Chicken Little is alive and well - and represented nicely within the gun community. Every single day, I read yet another article in GT detailing how the meanies are coming to take my guns. Yet, every single day, my Ft. Knox safe goes untouched.

Go figure.

What you, and others like you, are doing is best explained by reading the following fable:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

You do no good by sounding the alarm on a daily basis; indeed, you do more harm than good. See above.

17. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Oh, and as to "what if's" -

What if my aunt had balls? She'd be my uncle, of course.

I can "what if" all day long. Usually, I try and weigh the likelihood of something being true before getting all worked up about it. Further, if said "what if" is a proposed law, I look at the chances of said proposal being passed before getting worked up. Generally, that's a good way to go - instead of reading webpages that claim to have sources, yet won't post them up.

I'm in college right now (yeah, yeah - almost 37 and in school, I know), and in a wildlife biology program. The biggest concern when writing is to cite sources...seeing no cites for this particular "alarm", I'm forced to dismiss it as yet another way to get hits on a webpage or make money for the author.

18. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

I'm a disabled vet and I have not received the letter yet. I do not have PTSD, is it only for Vet's with mental issues?

19. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

A buddy of mine who was stationed with me has had PTSD since 06 and has not received such letter.

:50cal:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013