vespa

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by sls-snake, Jul 20, 2005.

1. sls-snake

sls-snake Idontfeellikeit

has anyone had any experiance with the vespa motor scooter there are two that I am enterested in the ET4 and the granturismo 200. They both go about 50-60mph but I don't know if it is safe to ride them that fast. the ET4 has a 150cc and the granturismo has a 200cc, I don't need a lot of power, just enough to keep up with traffic in town, they are pretty spendy though, (I think they are anyways) the ET4 is about $4000 and the granturismo 200 is about $5000, thanks.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Go with the Hondas. They're cheaper and well, more reliable.

Except that the Italian scooters are more "chic". The Vespas, the Lambrettas, Piaggios, et al, are very nifty. Some of the bigger ones (400-600 CC) will down right haul *** on the freeways.

3. sls-snake

what kind of prices do honda's get for 60+ mph?

4. sls-snake

how fast will 50cc vespas and honda's go (or are they all about the same speed)?, thanks

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

6. sls-snake

thanks the honda's are a little cheaper, but not much, I like the metropolitan, and it is quit a bit cheaper than vespa's, thanks again

7. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

I own Granturismo 200 (Vespa).

It can go up to 75mph on highways. It also can go up to 75mph on streets and I've never seen so many surprised rednecks in their SUVs trying to outrace me just because they couldn't believe that a lil' scooter could actually beat them!

I like it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who need one for long commute. Sure, it saves on gas and insurance and is cool for short trip around your neighborhood.

I have 2 jobs, with one being in 2 different places. I live in Scottsdale, one job in Mesa, other in NW Phoenix (near Bell and I-17). Way tooooo long.

I thought about getting a BMW for long commute but the insurance hasn't been that great. I'm now thinking of getting a used toyota corolla.

-ChaZ

8. Romulas

Romulas

My opinion, I don't feel safe on a scooter. Very small and they don't have the brakes or the maneuverability that any bigger bike has. They are good for in town with very little traffic, but on the highway? Spend a few extra bucks and get a 250 cruiser like the rebel or the GS250.