GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Now that I just bought that '87 manual I want to be sure that I have one of each of the '88s.

I think that there are three versions of it - with the only difference being the guns in the photo on the back IIRC.

I know that this is lame as I could dig through my own stuff. However, I'm on call and could have to leave immediately at any time so I don't want to start digging stuff out.

If anyone could please post photos of each of the different versions this would be most appreciated.

Thanks!!

Reactions: mbar9607

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm walking the dog right now but from memory and I think it was mentioned earlier in the post I think that the 87 was really for just the sea prefix gen ones.

I guess an 89 gun would come with 88 manual.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
IMG_4164.jpg

All three are March 88.

Earliest version 1.0 will be the middle manual - All three pistols models are Gen 1. A Gen 1 Model 19 is visible (Ser. No. AN112) on bottom row.

Far left is version 1.1 - top two pistols are Gen 1, lower pistol is a Gen 2 model 19 with checkered grips visible.

Far right manual 1.2 has all Gen 2 variations. Checkered grips easily visible on all three pistols.

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks SO much Pat!!!!

I really appreciate the photos.

Hopefully tomorrow when I am not one call I'll have time to look through my stuff to see if I have one of each.

I wonder why they did three different versions of the same manual.

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be interesting to know in which order they were released and the relative rarity of each one.

·
21,342 Posts
I'll come over and look through for you, just let me know where you keep the HK mags :animlol:I could burn through a couple cases of my inventory until you get back.

Reactions: glockhoarder

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll come over and look through for you, just let me know where you keep the HK mags :animlol:I could burn through a couple cases of my inventory until you get back.
Lol.!!

Screenshot_20190530-101549.png

Reactions: premiertactical

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Anyone have a photo of the front & back of an '88 with red stamp "CAUTION - 3.5 LBS TRIGGER" for comparisons?

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have a photo of the front & back of an '88 with red stamp "CAUTION - 3.5 LBS TRIGGER" for comparisons?
I wish I had one of those!!

I know there are several folks on the Forum that have them hopefully someone will post.

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have one, but only one so far. Im trying to see if there was any consistency with regards to the three different versions of '88.
I have a Gen 1 L P w/the competition sticker on the box but the manual does not have the red stamp.

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
This time in order - from the top - first variant to third: All three are dated March 88.

First
version - All three pistols models are Gen 1. A Gen 1 Model 19 is visible (Ser. No. AN112) on bottom row.

Second version - top two pistols pictured are Gen 1, lower pistol is a Gen 2 model 19 with checkered grips visible.

Third manual has all Gen 2 variations. Checkered grips easily visible on all three pistols.

IMG_4164 2.jpeg

IMG_4164 3.jpeg

IMG_4164 4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much Pat!!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Obviously like many things Glock the first 88 is fairly uncommon. I have at least 7 of the 88 manuals and only one of the first in that series.

I can think of 3 more things I do not like about hoarder. I’m too kind to mention what those 3 things are. But you wouldn’t have to guess very hard.

My favorite 3 HK products.

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Obviously like many things Glock the first 88 is fairly uncommon. I have at least 7 of the 88 manuals and only one of the first in that series.

I can think of 3 more things I do not like about hoarder. I’m too kind to mention what those 3 things are. But you wouldn’t have to guess very hard.

My favorite 3 HK products.
LOL! What?? Just a few old, used HKs (well, the K is LNIB). Surly you can't be referring to them.

Now when I have time I have to look thru my 88s to see if I have them all.

Despite having a LNIB 17 L P w/both the usual sticker on one end of the box and the competition sticker on the other the manual doesn't have the red stamp. Ugh.

That one is SO cool!! First version w/the stamp.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts