close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Verizon issue, texting trouble on new contract

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Resqu2, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Resqu2

Resqu2

So I'm a new customer to Verizon, brought home 2 new IPhones yesterday and I can text anyone I want but no one can text me back, my wife can but its through IMessage instead of regular text. Verizon rep was on the phone with tech guys for 2 hours and so far no luck, they are opening a ticket. Seems like they tried everything plus I brought the ph home and did a full reset.

Anyone else having texting issues on Verizon??

2. jpa

jpa CLM

I had a similar problem with a friend who is on AT&T. I could text her and I would never get her reply. She was the only one affected, everyone else I could text back and forth with no problems. I called and we did some troubleshooting and I eventually gave up. Then one day it just started working again. She has an Iphone on AT&T, I have the HTC Thunderbolt on VZW.

3. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Did you port your number?

A common issue is numbers not being ported correctly/quickly enough by the carrier you previously had it with. In cases like this, you or they can talk to the old carrier (or they can talk to the intercarrier) to have it fixed. The problem is that despite it happening all the time, tech support at every wireless phone service never seems to be able to connect the dots themselves despite it happening all the time.

4. Resqu2

Resqu2

I was afraid porting would cause such issues so I went with new numbers and a new contract, I love the speed of Verizon in my area but this texting problem has to be fixed.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

It could possibly be a fluke on Verizon's network. One day last week, I think it was AT&T, there were a lot of users (in a specific area) who lost text functionality on their devices. I work for a company who deals with texting outages on a daily basis and a lot of the times it's a network issue instead of a problem with a device.