close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Verizon Go Phone HELP!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 6F0 Nick, Mar 2, 2010.

1. 6F0 Nick

6F0 Nick Just Wanna Fly

Quick question:
    If I purchase a Go Phone through my current cell carrier (Verizon) can I have that phone activated and use it as a "non Go Phone"?

The reason I ask is, the piece of junk phone that I have now is going on the fritz and I don't have money to purchase a new one without a contract renewal discount.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

I am sure you CAN, but the real question is whether Verizon will allow it. You aren't the first to have this idea to save some cash. My guess is if they allowed it, they'd lose a ton of cash nationwide.

Best bet is to go to the local store and ask/beg.

If you are brave, you could also try eBay.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010

3. Weiser 878

Weiser 878 R O C K E R

If you had AT&T or TMobile you certainly could...just swap out the SIM card.

Verizon has to be "programmed" in the store. My ex did this with hers. They let her buy a cheapy phone outright and charged her a "programming" fee.

Only problem is, Verizon doesn't offer a "Go Phone" (That's AT&T;s nomenclature)
    Verizon's PrePay are badged Virgin Mobile, so since it doesn't say Verizon on it, they might not let you. You might just have to buy a cheapy ($120) phone without a contract and pay the programming fee.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010