close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vendor booths at a GSSF match???

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BigDawg357, Sep 30, 2004.

1. BigDawg357

BigDawg357

I'm going to my first GSSF match this weekend. Will there be vendors there selling holsters, sights, guns, mags, etc? I'm going to be shooting my G34 in the match, but I wouldn't mind getting some night sites put on my G19. I also want to pick up some 15-rounders for my G19 while I'm there.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Should be, there usually are several venders at Conyers. You might also check with the Glock Armor there for night sites on your G19.

3. BigDawg357

BigDawg357

I guess I was more wondering if there was going to be something like a "manufacturer's midway" you would find at an NHRA drag racing national event. You know, there is Jeg's, Cragar wheels, Holley carbs, Chevy motors, Mopar parts, etc. They have huge displays with tons of products on display or for sale. I didn't know if people like Heinie or Novak or Trijicon or Meprolight would have sights there. I'm not really interested in Glock factory sights. I've got Novak Lo-Mounts on my G34 and love them. I just got a G19 last week so I was hoping to try something similar to the Novaks. I know that "Team SideArmor" will be there, but will they have a booth selling holsters? I see that "Team Carver Mounts" will be there but will they have a sales booth?

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Team Carver Mounts will have the demo at the side match and will also most likely be selling Mounts and maybe some other goodies. Usually there are other vendors selling sights, holsters, mags and assorted other items. As for the night sights if you find what you want from a vendor there and they don't offer free installation onsite the Glock Armor would most likely install them for you for free if you were interested. Now Conyers usually has one of the larger vendor turnouts but I don't think you will find any GSSF Match with the number and variety of vendors that you find at NASCAR or NHRA Drag Races. But I think you will be pleased with what you see at Conyers. It is one of the best run, best number of vendors and the largest GSSF Match of the season, usually 500-600 shooters. If you like shooting your Glock and meeting new friends with shooting interests and some I know with racing sports interests then you will be at the right place. There are three requirements at any GSSF Match: Be Safe, Have Fun and Meet New Friends.;?

5. BigDawg357

BigDawg357

Thanks a ton for the info, Don. I'm really looking forward to going out there. I used to be a member at South River Gun Club until my wife and I moved to the west side of Atlanta. Now it is a 70+ mile drive so I'm going to join another range on my side of town. Thanks again for the info.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Wish I had some Sidearmor holsters to sell at Conyers. We will not have a table, just 20 shooters out to have a good time.:cool:

7. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

BigDawg, it was a pleasure chatting with you at the plate rack at Conyers! I hope you enjoyed yourself and shot well! Hope to see you at another GSSF shoot soon!

8. BigDawg357

BigDawg357

I really enjoyed our conversation, too. You and Nan were great fun to chat with. I can't believe I blew it on the plates. I was nervous about shooting the 5 to Glock and Glock M, and I had all the confidence in the world about shooting the plates. I think that's what hurt me. I just knew I was going to drop them all and quickly. Well, I was wrong. :( I shot Glock M great (my favorite) and shot 5 to Glock pretty well. I shot the plates worse than Danny R. and that's saying something! ;f No wonder he didn't want to chat with me that much. ;f