Veggie Lasagne?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Zak3056, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

Kristen's best friend is coming over on Monday. She's a vegetarian, and I usually feel bad when she shows up, because most of my cooking revolves around meat and she never gets to have the main course.

Luckily, I have advanced warning this time, and plan to make some Vegatable Lasagne.

That said, who has some good recipes? My current plan is just to substitute in zucchini, squash, spinach, and maybe some carrot and asparagus where I would normally use ground beef and/or sausage.

Still, I've seen/heard of veggie lasagne involving cream based sauces, and wonder if one of these might be more appropriate.

Anybody?

2. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Add Porto Bello mushrooms and Basil... ;f

3. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

Dude!

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Where's the eggplant;d ;f

5. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

I made the lasagne today and stuck it in the fridge (uncooked) so she can heat it up tomorrow and it can be ready by the time I get home. It'll probably taste better having sat in the fridge for 24 hours, too.

That said, my final ingredients list was eggplant, summer squash, zuchini, carrots, and spinach. I bought some beans to add, but forgot to use them while cooking. I didn't add mushrooms (sorry 777) but there is plenty of basil (basil and oregano are ALWAYS in my cheese stuffing for lasagna and stuffed shells.) Plenty of ricotta, parmesan, mozerella, and asiago in the filling, and the whole thing is topped with parmesan and mozerella. Sauce was my standard tomato sauce, sans meat.

Also made up a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, which is in the fridge to be baked tomorrow evening. (Have I mentioned that I love my new mixer? ;f)

6. spetsnaz777

spetsnaz777 Team 9mmx19

Zak- sounds like you got it covered man...:)

I'm at the moment trying to learn to cook Thai (NOT an easy feat). Italian is still my favorite by far tho...

7. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Ok, what time should I be there?;)