close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vegas Baby! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GeoEMTP, Dec 9, 2004.

1. GeoEMTP

GeoEMTP TX Sheepdawg

I am travelling by air to the Vegas shoot in January. I don't want to check 250 rounds of .45ACP so I'll have to buy in Vegas. Are there any special regulations or restrictions specific to Nevada I need to be aware of and can anyone reccommend an ammo outlet in Vegas? Can I find what I need at a Nevada Wally-World?

Thanks!

Geoff

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Why don't you want to check in 250 rounds of .45acp. My son-in-law and I flew to the Vegas match last year with 300 rounds each of .45gap and 150 rounds of 9mm each. Heck that was easy as long as you carried them in a factory box. Plan on the same this year.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

...From "www.dleta.com"; "Dangerous Goods". "Ammunition (accepted if boxed small-arms ammunition, less than 11 pounds, and in checked luggage"). I have travelled on Delta quite a bit, and transported ammo regularly. 250 rounds of .45 ACP is just about your 11 pound limit. I have never had them weigh the ammo separately. They are usually less interested in the ammo than in the gun you are presumably also transporting. As stated, transport the ammo in good factory boxes, not "loose" or even in a magazine. I also tape the boxes shut so they don't open up and spill ammo all over the inside of my bag.

4. pangris

pangris Moderator

Ditto SWA. Never an ammo problem. Don't go overboard and you'll be OK.

DO NOT LET THEM PUT A "Steal ME!" tag on your gear. IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW. They're getting lazy so that the TSA people don't have to find your luggage and are putting the stuff outside the bags again, like in the bad old days. Throw a freaking fit if they do this.

If you haven't ever had a gun stolen, telling the baggage handlers that there is a gun in your luggage is a GREAT way to start.

Paul