close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

vBulletin upgrade?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by John Stone, Jun 9, 2006.

1. John Stone

John Stone

Any plans to upgrade to vB 3.5x? I miss all the great features in the latest version of vB when on GlockTalk. I know it's a HUGE job to upgrade (especially from 2.3x), so if an upgrade is not in the cards, how about installing the hack that allows for thread preview with a mouseover? The hack is on www.vbulletin.org. Here's a direct link: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33070

2. John Stone

John Stone

Any comment?

Also, I sent a couple of donations via PayPal instant transfer a few days ago. Will I get a "Contributor" badge automatically, or do I have to do something special?

Thanks.

3. John Stone

John Stone

Am I doing something wrong? It's been a week since my first post, and over a dozen views but no response. :headscratch:

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Well, 25% of those views were me, so you're probably not getting as much "individual" readership as you think. ;)

Eric, the site owner, is the only one who can answer your question, and he's been REALLY busy lately. I do know there is a major makeover of Glock Talk coming up, but I'm not sure if a general software upgrade is part of the change. I agree that the feature you mentioned is a valuable one; I know it would save me a bunch of time.

I'll leave a note for Eric in the Admin area, but he still may not be able to get back to you very quickly. Sometimes making a living intrudes on other things we'd all rather be doing. :supergrin:

Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion. We DO appreciate feedback from the Glock Talk community.

5. John Stone

John Stone

Thanks for the reply, DJ.

Fair enough, and I fully understand.

What about my "contributor" badge? I didn't receive any kind of confirmation that my two donations were even received, so I have no idea if anyone got the money or what.

6. John Stone

John Stone

So how do I get my "Contributor" badge? Anyone?

BTW, vB 3.x can add that badge automatically after payment is made. I use that system on my forums and it's a huge time saver (works flawlessly, too). Another reason to consider an upgrade. ;)

7. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Looks like you're good to go!

Thanks for supporting GT with contributions AND feedback! :thumbsup: