Vasectomy

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Just1More, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just1More

Just1More

Never thought I could do it, but Friday I go under the scalpal. Will be shooting blanks after 24 "encounters"..... or 2 weeks (whichever comes 1st). :whistling:

Is it possible to drive yourself to/from the hospital? I only live 3 miles away. They told me to have a ride, but I'd rather drive myself.

How long until you are 100%. I'd like to deer hunt next week, which involves riding a quad and climbing a ladder stand.

Is everything REALLY the same?

I read vasectomies could be linked to prostate cancer. Scary!

2. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

I just wanted to say that this thread is particularly noteworthy given your username.

3. rca256

rca256

It's better, ya silly guy! Turns a family wagon into a sports car. No more worries about making "THE" Wife preggers. It's all good!

4. bluenoise

bluenoise

Follow whatever advice your doctor gives you for the recovery. My neighbor drove to the mountains that night for a weekend with the family and things swelled up like a grapefruit. He should have rested as told, it seems. :shocked:

5. bogeyman

bogeyman

Ice packs will be your new best friend, at least for a day or two.

6. Clay1

Clay1

I think things are better too. No more stopping the flow of things to retrieve something out of the nightstand for protection and I'm not talking about your Glock either.

Smoother flow of things for me.

On recovery, do what they tell you to do! Worst thing is to say, I'm feeling so good that I don't need to ice things or I'm feeling so good that even though they tell me to relax and take it easy I am going to go play baseball tonight with the boys and then go out drinking afterwards. You might feel good now, but tomorrow and the next few days you will pay for it. Do the recovery right and your deer season will be cool. Try to rush things and it could go badly.

I thought that it was totally worth it.

Good luck man.

Rick

7. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

I did EXACTLY as the doc told me to do.

Unfortunately, I got an infection. Nothing a script of antibiotics couldn't take care of.

I was up and on my feet just days after. NO strenuous activities for ten days.

I would say that would rule out a quad, and climbing a deer stand.

8. fireguy129

fireguy129

I drove home, no problems. Spent the night in bed with an ice pack, hit an arena football game the next day. I never had any local pain, just a dull throb, like a groin pull.

9. Harvick

Harvick

NOBODY gets near the boys with a knife.:shocked:

10. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

11. Just1More

Just1More

What kind of pain killer should I request? I want the good stuff.

12. chris in va

chris in va

Not...gonna...happen.

13. rca256

rca256

Chicken! LOL. Just kidding but man up and start dating the wife's GFs. :rofl:

14. hatidua

hatidua

-Yeah, I drove myself home but I live close to the hospital (less than a mile). Be home within 45 minutes of the event and you'll be fine. Get one of those medical canvas ice bags that have a screw-on lid for putting ice in (to sit on). It makes things much better that first 8 hours. Don Julio Anejo beats any pain medicine they'll prescribe as well.

-Riding a quad within 7 days? Well, everybody gets back to normal at a different pace. A friend of mine ran a 10K three days later, I took longer and would not have wanted to ride a quad after only 7 days.

-Buy a pair of underwear/jock-strap that is a few sizes too small.....you do not want ANY movement.

-Yes, 'everything' is still the same.

From the time I hopped on the table until I was off the table and done took eight minutes. I should have done it YEARS earlier.

15. hatidua

hatidua

I was given all of the "good stuff" but opted for some Don Julio 1942 tequila. In hindsight, I made the correct decision :supergrin:

16. fireguy129

fireguy129

I had some hydrocodone or something left over from a root canal. It really wasn't a painful procedure, on par with a dentist visit.

17. kurt1305

kurt1305

I was somewhat offended that I only paid $20 co-pay for an out patient procedure. I paid more to have the dog neutered.

It took about a week before I was completely over it. Vicoden is more than enough for the pain. Best money I ever spent medically. Get someone to drive you, no need to tear anything

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  18. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

The only person I know of that I know that had this done was an old Army buddy. He did it on a drill weekend. He just sat in a chair for several days.

19. HandyRake

HandyRake

Good luck! My co-worker actually just had his done today. Recovery is something like 3 days. He should be good by the time he has to work next week

20. k9medic

k9medic

Bags of frozen peas and frozen corn will be your friend. I had mine done Friday AM and was back to work on Monday. Drove myself home and was fine until the meds started to wear off. Don't try to tough it out, take the pain meds.

Don't rush it either.

I personally would not want to ride a 4 wheeler 7 days later, but that is up to you. Climbing a tree stand is no issue though.

My wife made me go back to the doctor 3 times just to make sure the swimmers were out of the pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.