close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vanek Trigger Housing

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TxGlock9, Apr 29, 2012.

1. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

I was wondering if anyone had tried the vanek trigger housing with both pretravel adjustment and overtravel adjustment. If so how did you like it and was it reliable? Thx in advance.

John

2. Glock+2

Glock+2

If you do a search, you will find several threads.....Vanek and several others sell trigger jobs, just depends on what you want your trigger to do.....you will also find many who are against any trigger mods, their reasons vary???

3. JBP55

JBP55

I have used quite a few without any issues and yes I like them.

4. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Thank you for your objective answer.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  5. Aquagear

Aquagear

You have to be careful with the pre-travel adjustment, if you take too much pre-travel out you can negate the firing pin safety on some guns. It is something you need to check before using it.:wavey:

6. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Very well aware that. Thanks Aqua.

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

In my mind... over travel reduction is nicer to have than pre-travel reduction. With minimal training, it's easily to *quickly* have all the pre-travel removed while final staging of the sights occur. I shoot competitively all the time between USPSA/GSSF/IDPA, and never even think about how long the travel is.

I use a Ghost Rocket kit in my G34, it has an overtravel stop you dremel down to fit it to your gun. Result is very short overtravel with short reset. Very nice.

Much cheaper too.

8. JBP55

JBP55

The Vanek trigger housing with adjustable pre travel and over travel with a Lone Wolf - connector would be my choice. It is better to have both and you must remove your finger from the trigger when moving with the pistol in your hand.

9. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

True. But when you get to the next position, you still have plenty of time to "restage" the trigger. As the pistol is just coming up to the target, my finger is on trigger at that point. I finish staging in the last fraction of a second of sight acquisition. It seems like there's not enough time, but in reality, there is way more than enough time to take the slack out of the trigger any time you're having to bring the gun up onto the target.

I shoot with boat loads of Glock shooters who shoot USPSA with no pre-travel trigger mechanisms.
    I'm a mid-B, my buddy is just a fraction away from being an 'A', and we both run the same setups. In fact... he's thrown down two classifiers in the 90's.

Convince yourself you "need" it if you want... hell Rob Leatham doesn't even shoot from reset or take up trigger slack. Finger all the way to front, slams to rear, repeat as necessary. I don't subscribe to that same belief, but short pre-travel is certainly not necessary to be good shooter. But I *do* feel that short reset (a side product of short over-travel) does help those who shoot from reset while engaging a target array and fast firing is required.

Of course, that's just my $.02.