GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
So, I just got home a few minutes ago, took a pic of something interesting in a neighborhood not far away from where I live, but when I got home, something else popped up.

I am pulling into the driveway, and I see this woman cutting up my Trump/Pence sign (very subdued sign, too). This is broad daylight, I honestly expected to have the sign turn up missing overnight, but it lasted a while until this inconsiderate person decided that I can't have my political opinion posted in my own yard. Also, the fact she had a razor-knife/box cutter showed me this was pre-meditated. So, she was prepared for that.

What she wasn't prepared for was me confronting her. Asking her why she feels she can go on private property and destroy other people's things. She just kept walking away, no answering me, but if she's walking in this area, she lives close by. So I started following her, trying to get her picture. I followed her for more than a block, being polite, just asking questions, but with my phone out. Finally she stopped long enough to get he phone out and I got one half-assed picture of her, as she proceeds to call someone named Dewan to come pick her up. Now, I am armed, OFC, but I really don't want a confrontation with Dewan and whomever else might be in the car when they come to get her, so I turn around and go home. But I will find her, she lives close by, and I bet she won't be smart enough to NOT bring along her green Nike bag so she will be easily identified.

Pic of the perp:
View attachment 858776

Again, remaining calm and not yelling, I was telling her that you don't see people on my side tearing her signs apart, doing illegal things, and why did she feel the need to do that? Never answered me, just ignored me like I didn't catch her in the act.

Some people are just total scum. My poor state was purple last time around, I bet it goes blue this time.

:(
Take it to the police and press charges

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
So, I just got home a few minutes ago, took a pic of something interesting in a neighborhood not far away from where I live, but when I got home, something else popped up.

I am pulling into the driveway, and I see this woman cutting up my Trump/Pence sign (very subdued sign, too). This is broad daylight, I honestly expected to have the sign turn up missing overnight, but it lasted a while until this inconsiderate person decided that I can't have my political opinion posted in my own yard. Also, the fact she had a razor-knife/box cutter showed me this was pre-meditated. So, she was prepared for that.

What she wasn't prepared for was me confronting her. Asking her why she feels she can go on private property and destroy other people's things. She just kept walking away, no answering me, but if she's walking in this area, she lives close by. So I started following her, trying to get her picture. I followed her for more than a block, being polite, just asking questions, but with my phone out. Finally she stopped long enough to get he phone out and I got one half-assed picture of her, as she proceeds to call someone named Dewan to come pick her up. Now, I am armed, OFC, but I really don't want a confrontation with Dewan and whomever else might be in the car when they come to get her, so I turn around and go home. But I will find her, she lives close by, and I bet she won't be smart enough to NOT bring along her green Nike bag so she will be easily identified.

Pic of the perp:
View attachment 858776

Again, remaining calm and not yelling, I was telling her that you don't see people on my side tearing her signs apart, doing illegal things, and why did she feel the need to do that? Never answered me, just ignored me like I didn't catch her in the act.

Some people are just total scum. My poor state was purple last time around, I bet it goes blue this time.

Its getting pretty hard to find a Democrat that's not a skum sucking leach.

·
Supreme Member
3,634 Posts
My parents had their Trump sign stolen from their yard last week, as did several of their neighbors. I told them they were lucky a stolen sign was all that happened - they could've easily ended up with a brick through a window or graffiti spay painted on the house.

I advised them not to get a new sign, but they got one anyway. They've been bringing it in at night. So far, so good.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My parents had their Trump sign stolen from their yard last week, as did several of their neighbors. I told them they were lucky a stolen sign was all that happened - they could've easily ended up with a brick through a window or graffiti spay painted on the house.

I advised them not to get a new sign, but they got one anyway. They've been bringing it in at night. So far, so good.
If only we could shoot vandals.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts

Pic of the perp:
View attachment 858776

I paid ten bucks a piece for my Trump signs. If I got THAT close to someone stealing or destroying my property I'd have that ten plus another for going after it or they would see a jail cell.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts

I had ONE sign stolen. Then I put up two more and a FLAG. Everyday I pick up the dog poo and carry it down by the road and smear it around in the grass around those signs. I also smeared Anti sieze grease all the way around the edge of the signs.

Not lost another one since.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I had ONE sign stolen. Then I put up two more and a FLAG. Everyday I pick up the dog poo and carry it down by the road and smear it around in the grass around those signs. I also smeared Anti sieze grease all the way around the edge of the signs.

Gotta love it

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
You GOT to throw it down and smear it around to make it harder for them to pick up and put it in your mailbox.

·
G22 4 Me
2,156 Posts

Awesome.

I had someone (probably a kid messing with one of our kids) messing with our trash cans, but I could never catch them.

I put some grease on the handle, something more to just make a little mess than hurt anyone or piss anyone off too much. It stopped after that. :animlol:

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
A friend of mine witnessed someone stealing Trump signs in his suburban neighborhood so he followed them and got their license number.

When he reported it to the police they said it was an old plate and that this sort of activity has been widespread.

This is organized perhaps by Antifa and not just random.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
This political sign stuff has me paranoid.

There is a wack job in my neighborhood with lots of Liberal signs; Biden signs, Enough is Enough, you get the idea.

So I was walking around the neighborhood with my 4 year old granddaughter and she carefully pulled a wet leaf off of one of the signs while I said "don't touch that!"

At least it wasn't booby trapped.

·
Premium Member
24,808 Posts
There have been homes, garages, cars, combines, tractors, semi trucks... vandalized, set on fire because of a Trump sign.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Well, she does look like a ........ --- :D

21 - 39 of 39 Posts