close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Value of Rossi 88-2

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by majic man, Mar 11, 2010.

1. majic man

majic man

I have a Rossi model 88-2 5-shot .38 special revolver. It is stainless steel, has a 2 in. barrel(I think). Just wondering if anybody has any general info about it. When were they produced and approximate value in good condition with minor cylinder wear. I tried looking up the serial number on Rossi's website, but nothing came up.

Thanks

2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

It's probably worth 200.00 or so to the right buyer.
    Their quality is on par with Taurus.

Not a sought after by any standard, but if reliable will serve you fine for a pocket or truck gun.

3. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I like Rossi revolvers,my ex carried a stainless "Lady Rossi" for years.'08.

4. diamondmike

diamondmike

I got a Rossi M88 stainless steel that I bought new back in 1993 and paid $249 dollars for it.

After I put about 50 rounds through it the pin that holds the barrel from unscrewing worked itself about half way out.
    I just bent the pin slightly and drove it back in and its been fine.

After cleaning the gun I thought the main spring looked like it may become weak so I wrote a letter to the company and told them about my concern and they sent me free of charge 2 new main springs and a set of wood grips and a set of rubber finger grips like was on the gun when I bought it.
    GOOD COMPANY at least back in 1993.

You should be able to get a couple hundred out of it on a private sell.

Back when I bought the M88 they also had a Rossi in 44SPL and I kick myself today for not buying one.