Value of reloading equipment

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by mossberg385t, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mossberg385t

mossberg385t 153.2 dB

I am thinking about selling my reloading equipment, I dont have the time and it is taking up a lot of space and I figure when I do get time then I would like to invest in a Dillon.

Ive got a Lyman - T-mag 2 and tumbler, RCBS - powder measure, case trimmer, hand primer, and case lube set, Lee - 30-30 and 30-06 die set. I think that's it... I am not sure what its worth but its all nearly new condition, I am hoping to trade it or get enough for a decent 40 or .45

Also, do you think it would fair better at a gun show or on here?

2. jmorris

jmorris

Gunbroker and ebay are the places you want to go to sell stuff. The people that win auctions at those places are as drunk or high as the dip sticks that think they are going to take home the dancer at a strip club. Good places to sell though...

3. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

How about right here in the GT Classifieds. SJ 40

4. happy seal

happy seal

Yeah, how much for the tumbler? :wavey:

5. mossberg385t

mossberg385t 153.2 dB

What classifieds section should I put it in? I would really like to trade the lot of it for something

6. fredj338

fredj338

Personnaly, I would keep it. You may not have space right now, time, well, that is always debatable. Figure 75% of what it is new, just check Midway's prices. It will only cost you more later when you do find time & space, JMO.
    Example, I have a Magma Master Caster bought new 25yrs ago for $495. I also have a Star sizer, paid $125 for. I stopped casting for about 10yrs but kept the equip. Today with bullet prices being so high & even unavailable, I am casting again & have all the gear. To replace it today. $1000 just for the caster & $70 for each mold. A new Star/Magma sizer, $250, so replacing things today would really have cost me quite a bit. The only thing that ever gets cheaper are electronics, phones, computers, tv, etc.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  7. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Couldn't have said it better myself. :supergrin: