Value of a G 25

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by WA-Tom, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WA-Tom

WA-Tom

A friend turned up a G25 being used as a purse gun. I freaked a bit when I heard her mention this. I would like to make an offer, but I have no clue what it's worth! It is reported as never having been fired. Are there any things that should concern me? Particularly if it entered the country illegally? And if so, how can I tell?

2. legalsten

legalsten

I would offer her a new gun that would still fit her needs . Maybe a 9mm version so her ammo choices would be better and cheaper .As to what it is worth , good question but I have no Idea either. Glock could sell them here now if they would just make them here . I don't see it being a big seller because they offer guns that ( I think ) are the same exact size in 9mmn 357 and 40. I would still like to have one just because it is a model that I don't have and the ATF don't want me to have it.

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

There are several ways this pistol could have entered the country legally, including being legally imported and purchased by a Law Enforcement officer who later sold it in a private sale, or perhaps being purchased by a U.S. service member who could have bought it while serving in another country where this pistol is not legally restricted as they are here (then the pistol was brought to the States when the service member returned home to the USA).

If you can get the full serial number, a call to Glock USA's Customer Service number might get you some info about when/where it was initially sold.

4. Glockman4

Glockman4

Sky is the limit. There's probably less than a hundred of them in the US. I've never seen one offered for sale and I've seen a lot of guns

5. G29guy06

G29guy06

Call the ATF and tell them you have a G25 and ask them if it's legal...

I agree, it's cool since you can't get them here (because the illegal ATF organization says they can't be imported)...but I would offer the price of any other glock of that generation or a trade as suggested (I like that idea)

6. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I recall seeing one G-25 for sale a few years back and IIRC it brought something in the order or $1500 then...but with such a scarce gun, it's difficult to put a realistic estimate on it (ex: the Gen1 19 that sold on GB for nearly $7k).

7. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Where did you see one for sale?
    I would think that if an LE Dept. purchased one for an LEO and the LEO eventually bought it from the dept. that it would be legal. Not sure but I would think so. They are not importable for individuals but once legally imported I'd think that the above would be fine.

8. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Where did u C one for sale? I've been looking for years. I've never seen one for sale nor have I known anyone who owned one.

9. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

I seem to recall it being on GunBroker. I want to say 3-years ago.

10. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Wow! Really sorry I missed that one!!

11. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

One of the users here at GT owned a similar G28 at one time, and he posted a photo of it a few years ago (this is a copy). The mag is interesting; I assume they pushed the mag's rear edge forward to get the bullet of the shorter cartridge closer to the feed ramp for better reliability. Not sure if the G25 mag is built the same or not (EDIT: a later image search showed it was).

G28OfMakeMineA10mm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    MakeMineA10mm and Pepiot like this.
  12. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

WOW. That is SO cool!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting. I would SO love to find one somewhere. I don't know how I missed the one on GB.

13. Taft93730

Taft93730

Why are they law enforcement only?

14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Because they don't meet the (absurd) import points requirements established by GCA 68.

legalsten likes this.