Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
31,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy at gun show had this with parkerized heavy barrel. It did have pistol grip (which I don't want.. He was asking $500 it has ex tube he said few reds thru it. He built it and now needs cash.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
For a used gun someone dinked with?
No way.

Maybe 400 if I really wanted it, but those types of stocks on an shotgun are not my bag. 350 is where I'd start.

· Premium Member
31,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do like the Knoxx recoil reducing stock. Just not pistol grip. I like the sling, forearm set up so adding light/other easy, I like extra rds. Not sure about adjustable length stock, shell carrier on stock...
I was thinking $400 as max amount. I keep seeing Rem 887? Looks like it could be nice gun but reviews are always negative. Guess will keep looking.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
That's a big No on the 887. My friend bought one of those when they first came out. It feels cheap in the hands, and suffers reliability issues.

The last Rem shotgun I bought was about 4 years ago. It's an 870 Tactical. It's a good no frills gun with an extended mag. That's about all that can be said about it. It works without issue.

If you are wanting a cheap pump gun, you probably won't find better than an 870, 500, or 590. There are millions out there. They are not overly expensive brand new, and are reasonable used. 400 should more than find you something good.

You want even cheaper? I understand that the Mossberg Maverick 88 is a nice gun for the money. 2 maybe 250.

One gun I really want is one of the new Ithaca walnut stocked riot guns. Their price kind of keeps me from picking one up.

· Registered
4,159 Posts
Particularly with Mossberg, there are several models. When shopping, whether gun-show or gun-store, it will help the prospective buyer to have internet available. In this way, one can reference a manufacturer's website as well as gunbroker.com.

As I was curious about the initial question (I presume the gun-show is now over, but perhaps the original poster obtained the seller's contact info) and looked at Mossberg's website. MSRP for a similar gun could be ~$800. But if the 590 was really a 590A1, then MSRP would be closer to $900. But who buys at MSRP unless something's rare? That's where gunbroker.com would come into play.

For the original question, the answer would be "not enough info". There wasn't even a photo provided for us to begin to estimate a used price.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
I had no clue the MSRP on those were that high.
I usually see them around here NIB for less than 600. The actual A1 model with bayo lug, shield, and the sights.

One of them had a new 590 with the light forend on it for 499. I waffled on it a couple days, but then it was gone when I went to get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.