Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
21,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a headsup on a Groupon I got today for FTD, $20 for a $40 purchase. Not a bad deal with Valentine's Day around the corner. I bought a couple.

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu3026083

·
Registered
957 Posts
All online flower sales are ripoffs. Everyone I've ever looked at by the time your done checking out with their shipping/service/bs fee's you go from $20 to $60+

Cheaper get your lazy butt off out of the house and buy them locally.

·
21,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All online flower sales are ripoffs. Everyone I've ever looked at by the time your done checking out with their shipping/service/bs fee's you go from $20 to $60+

That's a great plan for buying locally, however sometimes people like to send flowers across the country for example...what's your plan then?

·
Registered
957 Posts
That's a great plan for buying locally, however sometimes people like to send flowers across the country for example...what's your plan then?
Google a local florist in the area of where your sending them.

I've tried the mail order flower thing several times. There is nothing worse then when the person you sent the flowers to calls you to let you know that they sucked. (have had that happen several times). Sure the company usually makes it right by sending new flowers and/or a refund but that never really makes up for the crappy flowers the person got the first time.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
Flowers on Valentine's Day are a RIPOFF. They likely have already been at the florist for a week before they are ever prepped and sent to the final destination. What you get is an inferior product that lasts only a few days but has had the price jacked up to about double.

I've already given this same speech to my fiance. If he wants to buy flowers, he can wait until after the mad rush and gouging at Valentine's Day.

Or he can do what he did this year and buy me furs instead. Diamonds are also acceptable. :supergrin:

·
Registered
16,857 Posts
I'm in Tampa; my Godmother in Missouri gets flowers from me every two weeks. While I can easily get exotic orchids here, driving them up to her is an inconvenience.

ProFlowers ROCKS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts