close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Valentine's Day donation of $50

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Builder, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Builder

Builder Always Learning

Hello, Eric ---

I've sent you two PMs (I think, but read on) on this matter (I haven't run across a reference to your email address, so fer sure can't email you), but that was before I discovered the GT Support Forum.

Back in February Glock Talk was in desperate need of funds. I was one of many to "promise" online that I'd send in something, in my case $50. And I did so, on February 14th.

Later that same day I PM'd you asking for a response that would let me know that you received said contribution. Here's "my copy" (PM Sent Items) from 02-14-2006 08:41 PM --->

[[[[[

$50 MO in the mail today

As promised in http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread...;postid=5733252 I've today snail-mailed you a USPS M.O. for $50 (S/N 08727684085) --->

<<<<<

I don't do paypal

But will have a $50 MO off to:

Eric Powell
    2700 Woodlands Village Blvd
    Ste 300-165
    Flagstaff AZ 86001

after payday (the 15th).

And don't sell your, uhhh, "stainless 6" S&W 629 .44 Mag" (gee, that sounds big, probably dangerous as well ).

Having read everybody's post who arrived before me (I was composing a PM to you asking for your snail-mail address), I suggest that the good-will is already (t)here for premium memberships, _now_ (forget the time delay, just think of some good titles, you know, Outstanding Swell Fellow of All Time, that sort of thing ).

{newbie in search of a clever .sig}

>>>>>

Please:

* PM / email me back after you've received the snail-mail.

* Keep up the excellent work.

* And do consider those premium memberships; it would appear that Glock Talk needs them sooner rather than later.

Builder

]]]]]

A week or so ago I *thought* that I again sent you a PM, but my PM Sent Items doesn't reflect that, neither does my GMail Sent Items. And a search for all postings "Builder" has made no longer turns up the original thread, the one giving the story of the many donations promised Glock Talk. That would seem to agree with the URL http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread...;postid=5733252 now giving a 404 Clueless, "The requested URL /showthread...;postid=5733252 was not found on this server".

Whatever, I paid the USPS another $3.15 for a MO "trace", and today received a _very_ poor copy. It looks like the MO was cashed (deposited) on Feb 21st to a Bank of America account (but never fear, I can barely make that out, cannot decrypt either account number or illegible "doctor's" signature). So _someone_ received my donation made out to you (not Glock Talk, but "Eric Powell", as a much clearer graphic on the front side of the MO reproduction shows).

If you might indeed confirm that this is "fact", then be advised that (at least some) PMs to you don't necessarily get a response. And please annotate my account to show that I'm a "contributor" ($50 probably doesn't suffice for a "Major Contributor", but I don't mind, I'm not that rich). I'd like to feel the pride that goes with such recognition.

Glen Kilpatrick
    GT "Builder"

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

I got your icon added. I apologize for dropping the ball on this. I am an organizational trainwreck. A little redheaded guardian angel has volunteered to help take care of the contributor icon stuff, so that part of the site will hopefully run much more smoothly from now on. Thanks for the contribution. It is appreciated. Eric

3. Builder

Builder Always Learning

Especially for the personal reply (and no need to reply to _this_), you must be a very, very busy man.

Please keep up the wonderful work / community service; Glock Talk pays its membership over and over, in advice on equipment, advice on safety, camraderie, and in general a virtual society based upon our shared interest. I can only hope that you achieve your own rich rewards (probably not monetary, but whatever) from your child this site.

Glen