Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VA: The concealed Carry Institute.

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Resqu2, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Resqu2

SouthWest VA
    Yesterday a Brother-In-Law wanted me to help him with the on line training class to get his carry permit, when I say help him I mean to get the web page set up and the class started, he is not real good with computers.

I sit through the hour long video and it was surprisingly well put together considering I sit through an 8 hour class and didn't really learn that much more than the video showed. At the end we printed his certificate and I printed his application from the state police web site so he will be good to go real soon.

While I feel this is a good way to get a permit I'm still for someone at least knowing how to use a gun before they carry one. During the video I had brough a revolver and my Glock and explained things to him as the video was running. If was a fun afternoon considering it was 10 deg outside.
  2. KDawg0007

South Eastern VA
    It is a great little site and put on by a reputable gun shop in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Norfolk</st1:place></st1:City>. I used it for my permit. I agree that it is no substitute for range time though. They also e-mail renewal reminders which are great.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>