close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

VA Hospital Qualifications?

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by dglockster, Dec 31, 2005.

1. dglockster

dglockster

I have not yet had to use the services of a VA hospital but a friend of mine who recently did, says there is now an income qualification for services. Does anyone have additional information about this requirement?

2. cavsgt

cavsgt

:cool: The income requirement has to do with the co-pay, if a co-pay is required

3. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

There is a means test for everything. But believe me if you are a vet the VA will find a way. It may not be easy or fun but the folks will find a way.

We owe you for you're service ;?

4. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Remember, VA medical treatment is not an entitlement. It is rather a priviledge and is means tested. I have had a number of my patients who were turned down for medical care from the VA even though they were veterans...combat veterans to be more specific.

If you think your income may be too high then simply don't disclose it. Look closely at the application. There is a small block near the top of the area that covers your financial history that says something about not wanting to disclose your $$$.

You will have to pay copays however you will be less likely to be denied for making too much.