VA-ALERT - Bills passed the house!!!!!

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by Messer, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Messer

Messer

YES!!!!! A clean sweep!

SB 334, Senator Hanger's restaurant ban repeal has PASSED the House UNCHANGED by 72 to 27! (Delegate Morrissey
    wasted everyone's time on the floor asking inane questions about the bill until they got fed up).

SB 408, Senator Vogel's bill to allow non-CHP holders to have a loaded handgun in a locked container or compartment
    in their motor vehicle or boat PASSED UNCHANGED by 74 to 25!

SB 3, Senator Smith's bill to allow CHP holders to renew their permit through the mail passed UNCHANGED by 81 to
    18!

I will list the votes of the House members on SB 334 in a future alert.

The above bills will now need to be signed by the Speaker of the House and the Lt. Governor and then they will head
    to Governor McDonnell's desk for signing. That could take up to a week or so.

We are standing at the edge of the end zone, football in hand, with the nearest opponent 100 yards behind us. All
    that needs happen now is for the football to break the plane of end zone...

2. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

3. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Now we wait for the the bills to hit the Governor's desk. Once signed, they will become law on July 1, 2010.

4. Messer

Messer

Now - the Speaker of the house, and the LT. governor have to sign it - and I don't think there will be a problem with either one of those, and then it goes to the Governors desk.

The Gov. has 3 options...

1) Sign it into law - takes effect July 1st 2010
    2) Doesn't sign it - but doesn't veto it - becomes law - takes effect July 1st 2010
    3) Vetoes it - it does not become law

McDonnell said he'd sign it - and I believe that to be the case.

I'm still keeping everything I have two of crossed :wow: , but we are VERY close now.

Bob S.

5. PVanCleave

PVanCleave

Rootbeers, here we come! :cheers:

6. klt1986

klt1986

Is there anything that can happen with HB 49 and HB 854, other than wait for next year?

That was some cheap politics there.

7. Messer

Messer

I doubt it - and Yes, that was a dirty bit of shifty (I said SHIFTY!) dealing from our "friends" Saslaw & Marsh.

I hope this ticks off enough Pro-Freedom Virginians that the money flow is there to toss them from power - that is our best bet at getting a fair deal in Richmond in the future.

Keep the faith - it took 15 years to get rid of the stupid restaurant restriction, we will keep the fight moving forward. To those that do not think YOU can make a difference, get involved!

If you are not already, get on the VCDL VA-ALERT list. Let your elected officials know how you stand on this! Come to Richmond for the 2011 "Rally Day", and look your representatives in the eye. I can tell you, it makes a difference!
    <er, ah... here, you can have this soapbox back now - thanks.>

Philip - Thanks for being the best team captain anyone could want. Rootbeer floats on me! :cheers:

Hmmm - maybe we should have rootbeer floats at the VCDL picnics this year....

Take care,
    Bob S.

8. 9mmkungfu

9mmkungfu

I've been away on vacation for a bit. Has there been any progress on this (i.e., signing by McDonnell)?

9. PVanCleave

PVanCleave

Not yet.

10. watsoncb

watsoncb CLM

Anyone heard any up dates on the signing of the bills?

11. PVanCleave

PVanCleave

McDonnell has until April 21st - and he has 800 bills to sign. Law won't go into effect until July 1 any how. VCDL will have celebrations on July 1, mark you calendars. More details as the date approaches.