Utterly unbelievable

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by EOS, Jun 7, 2020.

1. EOS

EOS National Capitalist

This pretty much is outright admitting that the COVID-19 lockdowns were politically motivated. I begged people to listen to me....

30808270-32B5-474C-910D-FB856A0A85B9.jpeg

2. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

And in a week, no one in the media will acknowledge or even remember this pivot, much less admit they made it.

MFC4, Cambo and G17Jake like this.

3. Dave514

Dave514

FullClip, Cambo and G17Jake like this.
  4. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

MSM is an American 5th column.

DonGlock26, Cambo and G17Jake like this.
  5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I'd expect this in the Soviet Union.

MFC4, Cambo and G17Jake like this.
  6. Gundude

Gundude

The "..." gives me reason to doubt the context. Otherwise this is basically saying that the goal of the protest has an effect on how dangerous the virus transmission is. I'm assuming there was some nuance edited out. I don't trust Fox News any more than any other MSM outfit.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  7. TxDave

TxDave Senior Member

So, gathering in densely packed groups of large numbers to “protest” (and riot) risking covid spread is permissible, while gathering at church, restaurants, shopping, and work - even just leaving your home... remains too great a risk to public health. Really? BS

1bigK, slym2none, Cambo and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

'public health advocates'...Who?

Mr Meeseeks and MFC4 like this.
  9. Biggy1

Biggy1

Trump and FOX news have been right all along. The fake news and many of the COVID-19 anti-Trump experts have been wrong again and exposed again.

MFC4 likes this.
  10. Jud325

Jud325

Open letter advocating for an anti-racist public health response to demonstrations against systemic injustice occurring during the COVID-19 pandemic

On April 30, heavily armed and predominantly white protesters entered the State Capitol building in Lansing, Michigan, protesting stay-home orders and calls for widespread public masking to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Infectious disease physicians and public health officials publicly condemned these actions and privately mourned the widening rift between leaders in science and a subset of the communities that they serve. As of May 30, we are witnessing continuing demonstrations in response to ongoing, pervasive, and lethal institutional racism set off by the killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, among many other Black lives taken by police. A public health response to these demonstrations is also warranted, but this message must be wholly different from the response to white protesters resisting stay-home orders. Infectious disease and public health narratives adjacent to demonstrations against racism must be consciously anti-racist, and infectious disease experts must be clear and consistent in prioritizing an anti-racist message.

White supremacy is a lethal public health issue that predates and contributes to COVID-19. Black people are twice as likely to be killed by police compared to white people, but the effects of racism are far more pervasive. Black people suffer from dramatic health disparities in life expectancy, maternal and infant mortality, chronic medical conditions, and outcomes from acute illnesses like myocardial infarction and sepsis. Biological determinants are insufficient to explain these disparities. They result from long-standing systems of oppression and bias which have subjected people of color to discrimination in the healthcare setting, decreased access to medical care and healthy food, unsafe working conditions, mass incarceration, exposure to pollution and noise, and the toxic effects of stress. Black people are also more likely to develop COVID-19. Black people with COVID-19 are diagnosed later in the disease course and have a higher rate of hospitalization, mechanical ventilation, and death. COVID-19 among Black patients is yet another lethal manifestation of white supremacy. In addressing demonstrations against white supremacy, our first statement must be one of unwavering support for those who would dismantle, uproot, or reform racist institutions.

Staying at home, social distancing, and public masking are effective at minimizing the spread of COVID-19. To the extent possible, we support the application of these public health best practices during demonstrations that call attention to the pervasive lethal force of white supremacy. However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States. We can show that support by facilitating safest protesting practices without detracting from demonstrators’ ability to gather and demand change. This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders. Those actions not only oppose public health interventions, but are also rooted in white nationalism and run contrary to respect for Black lives. Protests against systemic racism, which fosters the disproportionate burden of COVID-19 on Black communities and also perpetuates police violence, must be supported.

Therefore, we propose the following guidance to support public health:

● Support local and state governments in upholding the right to protest and allow protesters to gather.

● Do not disband protests under the guise of maintaining public health for COVID-19 restrictions.

● Advocate that protesters not be arrested or held in confined spaces, including jails or police vans, which are some of the highest-risk areas for COVID-19 transmission.

● Oppose any use of tear gas, smoke, or other respiratory irritants, which could increase risk for COVID- 19 by making the respiratory tract more susceptible to infection, exacerbating existing inflammation, and inducing coughing.

● Demand that law enforcement officials also respect infection prevention recommendations by maintaining distance from protesters and wearing masks.

● Reject messaging that face coverings are motivated by concealment and instead celebrate face coverings as protective of the public’s health in the context of COVID-19.

● Prepare for an increased number of infections in the days following a protest. Provide increased access to testing and care for people in the affected communities, especially when they or their family members put themselves at risk by attending protests.

● Support the health of protesters by encouraging the following:

○ Use of face coverings.

○ Distance of at least 6 feet between protesters, where possible.

○ Demonstrating consistently alongside close contacts and moving together as a group, rather than extensively intermingling with multiple groups.

○ Staying at home when sick, and using other platforms to oppose racism for high-risk individuals, and those unable or uncomfortable to attend in person.

● Encourage allies who may wish to facilitate safe demonstrations through the following:

○ Providing masks, hand-washing stations, or hand sanitizer to demonstrators.

○ Providing eye protection, such as face shields or goggles, for protection against COVID-19 and chemical irritants used to disperse crowds.

○ Bringing wrapped, single-serving food or beverages to sustain people protesting.

○ Providing chalk markings or other designations to encourage appropriate distancing between protesters.

○ Supplying ropes, which can be knotted at 6-foot intervals, to allow people to march together while maintaining spacing.

○ Donating to bail funds for protesters

● Listen, and prioritize the needs of Black people as expressed by Black voices.

These are strategies for harm reduction. It is our sincere hope that all participants will be able to follow these suggestions for safer public demonstrations, assisted by allies where possible and necessary, but we recognize that this may not always be the case. Even so, we continue to support demonstrators who are tackling the paramount public health problem of pervasive racism. We express solidarity and gratitude toward demonstrators who have already taken on enormous personal risk to advocate for their own health, the health of their communities, and the public health of the United States. We pledge our services as allies who share this goal.

This letter is signed by 1,288 public health professionals, infectious diseases professionals, and community stakeholders.

Signatories at link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12faB7I30A30IGHR-iZBVLggACAPbiorvVOj--UQ8wdg/edit

MFC4 likes this.
  11. MFC4

MFC4 Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses

I chuckle a bit at the folks still hiding under their beds from coronavirus. How much proof do people need to convince them that it was all overhyped nonsense?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    FullClip likes this.
  12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I still take precautions. Mainly washing my hands after handling anything not mine. (After shopping, touching paperwork, cash, pens, mail...)
    I use soc distance As a reason to keep people away. I’m enjoying breathing less stink from smokers clothing, people’s BODY, and bad breath, or almost worse perfume put on with fire hose... It’s no longer rude to ask them to step back please, move so breeze dies not blow smell toward me. I get THANKED. Instead.

Mr Meeseeks and MFC4 like this.
  13. MFC4

MFC4 Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses

Haha, well I’m payed sir!

14. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

It just reinforces the fact that the lockdowns had nothing to do with public health and everything to do with politics.

Captain92 and MFC4 like this.
  15. Dave514

Dave514

You don't want the covid. Especially if you have pulmonary issues. No matter what else is true.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  16. Dave514

Dave514

The opposite could be the truth. That ignoring "lockdowns" had everything to do with politics.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.