1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
The laws they want to get passed would have done absolutely nothing to stop Tucson or VA Tech shootings.

·
Kydex Crafter
6,467 Posts
Illegal Guns??? Aren't they already....wait for it!!!.....ILLEGAL????

What a bunch of Buffoons!!!! Let's not let the facts get in the way of your political or emotional agruements!!!!

·
Still Reloading
1,255 Posts
"The Web site was started by Mayors Against Illegal Guns – the group for which the mayor’s public relations director, Angelo Roefaro, works." (from article)

Interesting !!!! and look at the last names of the mayor and the PR director

·
My Work Hobby
1,907 Posts
Illegal Guns??? Aren't they already....wait for it!!!.....ILLEGAL????
Lol, that was the first thing that came to mind. :wavey:

Eta: Maybe if they make it twice as illegal, it would be like a "double dog dare". What criminal would dare cross that line.

·
Inquisitive
13,123 Posts
The laws they want to get passed would have done absolutely nothing to stop Tucson or VA Tech shootings.

While I totally agree, I don't think that's their issue or point.

These groups think they smell blood in the water over the Tucson shootings at the moment, and they are going to use what leverage they believe it gives them to do what they've always wanted done IMO.

We all know how the anti stance seems to have taken quite the hit since the past Presidential election, and they mean to use what little momentum they think they now have due to Tucson.

They are literally and figuratively grasping at straws, hoping something will come of it. Because "now is their time", don't you see? In all honesty, they appear to believe that they can get something done now that the nation's attention is focused on Tuscon. I suspect we can expect to see this type of thing with every gun violence event that comes along.....for quite some time. It's simply all they have to use to push home their desires.

But take heart, once the new Congress gets in full swing.....I think they'll be so enraged at other issues this one will go down in flames as well, for lack of attention from them if nothing else.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
"The Web site was started by Mayors Against Illegal Guns – the group for which the mayor’s public relations director, Angelo Roefaro, works." (from article)

Interesting !!!! and look at the last names of the mayor and the PR director
I guess you can work in the gov't of Utica, as long as your name is Roefaro...:rofl:

Utica has really gone downhill since they got rid of the Utica Club brewery...:supergrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts