Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I wonder if this will effect current Utah permit holders (like me), or just new applicants?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
So it's a money grab by state governments. Pissed because their own residents just go get a UT permit b/c it is more widely recognized. How about this: how about if you can legally own a gun, NO PERMIT NEEDED! How about that all you criminal state governors and law makers?! Huh? Oh what, "NO" you say? Oh you need the money from the permits? Oh I see....see it's not about your rights or personal freedom or safety. It's about their money.

How about the states that are complaining improve their reciprocity? Maybe more people will get one then. The day is coming.....:steamed:

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
This does not sound to unreasonable to me.Why not your own State first? If you can't get a CHL in your own State, it may be an issue for you.
For me, it wasn't a matter of "can't". At the time I got my Utah permit, many more states honored Utah's than Arkansas, including Mississippi, which I frequent.

I just looked up the map for the first time in a while, more states honor Arkansas' license than Utah's now. I think I'll get mine transferred.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I have a WY permit and got a UT years ago because at the time UT didn't honor WY permit. A lady that later became my wife and I took the UT class to get permit. Later my wife uses that information to get WY permit. I guess what goes around comes around. We both have kept our UT permits even though UT now honors WY.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
And for those of us in Illinois that can't get a CCW permit?

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,547 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts