Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a useless government run organization. I paid for priority shipping. It's coming from California to PA. It was mailed at 8am PST. Here it is Friday and they have no idea where it is! I signed up for tracking. One message says it's at a facility at 6pm, another message says it hasn't arrived at a facility yet. I've had 16 messages texted to me so far and several are contradictory!

I am so tired of being ripped off by this GD post office! I want everyone of those useless bast&%#s drawn, quartered and their heads put on a pike outside every post office.

Just more government incompetence. I even emailed them using their complaint form. Nada. No response.

If these aholes worked for a private company most all of them would be fired by now!

Whew! I'm done! :deadhorse::brickwall:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Mentally Frozen
28,470 Posts

·
King Doofus.
5,973 Posts
Care to elaborate on how the USPS is "constantly ripping you off"? If you paid for expedited shipping and didn't get it, call them, you will get a refund. If your package is missing, call them, make a claim. If this is "constantly" happening" I would wager that there is something else at play. If you're not getting re-imbersed, your not following up on your loss. When items are lost or destroyed it's usually because the shipper did a piss-poor job of packaging it.
The thing most people don't understand when jumping on the "close the post office" bandwagon is, without the post office keeping shipping prices in check, UPS, Fedex, et al would be free to gouge you for whatever price they felt comfortable with. A large number of UPS parcels are delivered "last mile" by the USPS. Good luck getting those packages at a reasonable price (if at all) if the USPS didn't exist.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Care to elaborate on how the USPS is "constantly ripping you off"? If you paid for expedited shipping and didn't get it, call them, you will get a refund. If your package is missing, call them, make a claim. If this is "constantly" happening" I would wager that there is something else at play. If you're not getting re-imbersed, your not following up on your loss. When items are lost or destroyed it's usually because the shipper did a piss-poor job of packaging it.
The thing most people don't understand when jumping on the "close the post office" bandwagon is, without the post office keeping shipping prices in check, UPS, Fedex, et al would be free to gouge you for whatever price they felt comfortable with.
Yeah but the bloated bag of hot air on the radio said...

·
Premium Member
26,276 Posts
What a useless government run organization. I paid for priority shipping. It's coming from California to PA. It was mailed at 8am PST. Here it is Friday and they have no idea where it is! I signed up for tracking. One message says it's at a facility at 6pm, another message says it hasn't arrived at a facility yet. I've had 16 messages texted to me so far and several are contradictory!

I am so tired of being ripped off by this GD post office! I want everyone of those useless bast&%#s drawn, quartered and their heads put on a pike outside every post office.

Just more government incompetence. I even emailed them using their complaint form. Nada. No response.

If these aholes worked for a private company most all of them would be fired by now!

Whew! I'm done! :deadhorse::brickwall:
Ok across the country? What DAY does the sender say it was shipped? 8am what day? I assume normal package size? Well marked? Most stuff I buy, cheapest shipping shows up in two to four days max.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The thing most people don't understand when jumping on the "close the post office" bandwagon is, without the post office keeping shipping prices in check, UPS, Fedex, et al would be free to gouge you for whatever price they felt comfortable with. A large number of UPS parcels are delivered "last mile" by the USPS. Good luck getting those packages at a reasonable price (if at all) if the USPS didn't exist.
What do you consider a large number? You do realize the shipper, not UPS chooses that option. Fed Ex has a similar program.

·
I feel pretty.
3,952 Posts
Eastern PA?

Might be a local thing. USPS is preferred at my place. They hide my parcel nicely for me.

Paid extra for USPS on last weeks order from shooters connection. They're probably like ''Wtf, this guy paid $4 more for slower shipping???''

·
Mentally Frozen
28,470 Posts
I think it's a conspiracy. Ever notice there are multiple mail people roaming around the town? If we just had one, it would be easier to track packages.

Some people. harumpf!
Yeah, who cares if you don't get your mail until 1AM.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts