close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Using Glock 22 Magazines in a Glock 23...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GaG23, Jan 24, 2005.

1. GaG23

GaG23

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but a search turned up nothing.

I picked up some G22 regular capacity (17rd) mags and have been using them to good effect in my G23 - 2 more rounds at the range and looks cool in a funky sort of way. I have had zero problems with the function of the mags, but a thread a read on the Beretta forum stared me wondering if I could be setting myself up for a problem.

The thread there mentioned damage several folks had inflicted on their Beretta 92s by "overinserting" the extended Beretta 20 rd magazines which (unlike the Mec-Gar 20 Rd mag) do not have a physical "stop" on the body of the magazine to prevent this overinsertion.

Since I have developed the habit of giving my mags a good "pop" on the baseplate to make sure they are properly seated, I began wondering if this could cause a problem since the G22 mags don't have the "stop" provided by the baseplate-frame contact that the flush fit G23 mags do.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Cheers,

2. RandySmith

RandySmith

No, it won't hurt a thing.

Also, the G22 mags hold 15 rounds, not 17.

Randy

3. MPG1737

MPG1737 Beer Me

No it doesn't matter.

4. GaG23

GaG23

"Also, the G22 mags hold 15 rounds, not 17"

They will if you push hard enough!!
    :)

Of course you are right. I was thinking G22 mags and writing G17 mag capacity.

Thanks for the replys - eases my mind to know we don't have to worry about this problem plauging our "cheap, plastic" guns - only occurs with those superior "metal" guns.

Cheers

5. big88foot

big88foot Millennium Member

I was using G22 mags for reloads in my G27 this weekend during an IDPA match. They snap into place a lot better and easier than the little stuffed G27 mags; and I don't mind the "funky" look of that extra inch of mag sticking out the bottom.
    BF

6. gary newport

gary newport

Worry not! Glock mags DO have a physical stop and WON'T over-insert.