close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Using 2 joysticks

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Tvov, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Tvov

Tvov

I just received a new joystick, a Saitek Cyborg. I have been using a Logitech Wingman Exteme, which is a few years old. The Logitech was not working well with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, so I thought a new joystick would help. This confuses me a little, because NFS:HP2 is a couple years old, I didn't think there would be any problems.

Now, I just plugged in the new joystick, but keeping the old one also plugged in. The game recognized the new hardware, but won't let me use it (I haven't tried it in co-op mode yet, I think it will allow player 2 to use it). I want to keep both joysticks usable at once if possible, so my son and I can play games together. Going through the game and controller options on NFS:HP2 I couldn't find anything about choosing game controllers. How can I make the new joystick the "default" controller, and the older one available for 2 player games? Not necessarily just for NFS:HP2, but all games?

System;

PIV 2g
    512Ram
    60g HD
    ATI Radion 9600Pro

Thanks!

2. Tvov

Tvov

Oh I forgot...

Operating system; WinXP

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

You need to switch to the new game controller's profile in the CP under, you guessed it, "Game Controllers".

The other stick may need unplugged as well.

Is the new one using a serial gameport connection, or is it USB?

The best way to do what you want with a PC is to use 2 networked PC's.