Glock Talk banner

used Springfield EMP 9mm?

927 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ca survivor
Hello Everyone,

I stopped by my local gun shop this morning and they had a nice used Springfield EMP 9mm for $899.

Ive read that the earlier serial number EMPs had some issues. This used EMP serial number is 26,200. I'm not sure how old that places this particular EMP.

Its in very good cosmetic condition, could use a good cleaning on the internals.

Should I go back and pick it up?

I appreciate any thoughts and opinions!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· GTDS #88
3,302 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I stopped by my local gun shop this morning and they had a nice used Springfield EMP 9mm for $899.

Ive read that the earlier serial number EMPs had some issues. This used EMP serial number is 26,200. I'm not sure how old that places this particular EMP.

Its in very good cosmetic condition, could use a good cleaning on the internals.

Should I go back and pick it up?

I appreciate any thoughts and opinions!
Can't speak for the 9, but I did pick up a used .40.

Ran great, used it in a bunch of IDPA matches.

Price seems right, I'd grab it.

· Brass Vulture
10,265 Posts
Can't speak for the 9mm version, but I do have the EMP in .40 and I absolutely love shooting that gun. It's a tack driver for a 3" gun. The only issue I had with it in the past couple years was the recoil spring but Springfield Armory had one in my mialbox two days after I called. I don't really carry it anymore though since I bought my Shield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.