Used Guns at Cabelas

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TheBooger, Feb 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TheBooger

TheBooger

Anyone ever by a used gun from Cabelas? I found something I want, but would like to get it a little cheaper. do they have any wiggle room on their used stuff?

2. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I don't know if they do or not but everything I have ever seen in there used guns section I could get brand new cheaper about two miles down the road

3. bithabus

bithabus

I bought a mint Ruger MKII there last year. Paid a bit higher than I might have elsewhere but it was my birthday and I wanted it, and they are getting harder to find. I did get them to throw in an extra mag.

4. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

Hammond Indiana Cabela's sometimes has used firearms I can't resist...

Remington Wingmaster $275
    Buckmark Camper $150
    Baretta 21a $225

Their used guns are mostly overpriced but it's on my way home from work so I stop by and see what they have.

5. everydaycarry

everydaycarry

Cabelas will work with you on price a little, but its usually only $30 or so on a gun $500 or less.

As a side note, if you have a Cabelas Visa, they send out a biannual discount card which gives you $100 off a $500 purchase or $85 off a $400 purchase and so on. Its worth it if you live near a Cabelas.

I used this card and talked them down to get a mint condition used G27 for $315 as an example.

6. Messer

Messer

I stopped in at the Cabelas in Hamburg PA. just to look around. On the used rack, I found a nice, clean Ruger 10/22 Deluxe with a cheap scope mounted. They were asking $175.00. (this was a little over a year ago)

My daughter wanted a 10/22 of her own, so I went up to the guys behind the counter and asked the usual "can you do any better?". They said they were not allowed to do anything with the prices - but if I wanted to, I could talk to the manager and he might do something.

He gave me the "it hasn't been here long enough to drop the price" line, but he dropped it to $160.00. since it was for my daughter (and she was holding the rifle at the time). I was happy - she was happy - even Momma was happy, go figure. :phew:

So, CAN they adjust pricing? Yes. WILL they? :dunno:

Take care,
    Bob S.

7. bac1023

bac1023

They might do a small discount for you, but not much.

I just wait for those $100 off a $500 purchase deals they send out. :supergrin:

8. Wade-19

Wade-19

I bought a used Stainless Kimber Pro Carry from the Cabela's in St. Louis. They were asking $950. I got it for $750.

9. kc lefty

kc lefty

OK a little hint from someone who works there behind the NEW gun counter to you guys.

NEW prices there dont negoiate, used in the library, they will. You have ask and you have to do your homework. If the gun has been there a while, if it is uncommon (say left handed rifle) , if they have a ton of them.... ect. BUT this is only in the used.

Now, a lesson on how to get money off new guns since I have to deal with this everyday.

Lesson one.

Act like a complete ass......rant, rave demand to see a SR manager ect and save youself another few bucks.

end lesson.

If you are willing to act like a total freaking jerk everytime you go in, they will give you the store to get you out of the store and avoid bad calls to the corp office.

I have to deal with it everyday

10. TheBooger

TheBooger

Thanks lefty, They have a used 3rd gen smith and wesson that I really like, but it seems $30 or $40 high, I'll see what they can do. unfortunately I am not very good at acting like an ass, it's a burden that my parents gave me when they raised me to be a decent person. some of us are just stuck with it I guess.

11. TheBooger

TheBooger

went in yesterday and asked nicely if that was the best price they could do. I got them to go drop the price 20 bucks, then saved another 20 applying for a cabelas card, so it worked out pretty well. ended up with a smith and wesson 4567 for a pretty decent price, especially since I had been looking for one for a while

12. fmfdocglock

fmfdocglock

I'd never buy a used gun from Cabelas in Hamburg.

Their used prices are higher than new from my local shops.

Their new prices are also significantly higher.

Their ammo prices are better than my local shops.

13. bnkrtstk

bnkrtstk

Their prices used to be OK, but it seems they have gone up by 10% or so recently. I have bought a few guns there but only when I have a coupon, or they are on sale, or in the case of my wife's Ladysmith, they are the only ones that have it.

14. TheBooger

TheBooger

That is generally the case. certainly on glocks/ xd's and other popular stuff, but this gun is a bit hard to find. I found one in a pawn shop a couple of months ago, but it was sold when I went back to buy it. flash forward a couple of months and I'm at cabelas feeding the fish with my daughter and I see a used one in the case (i'm pretty sure the same exact gun from the pawn shop) I probably could have gotten it for $25 cheaper at the pawn shop, but it's not like a glock 19 that I can find anywhere

15. desertfox

desertfox <font color="red">Suspended</font>

the prices in the gun library (used and abused department) are all over the place. seen identical 10/22 rifles with a $50 price difference....and both were higher then the new ones......sometimes there can be OK prices, but you better know your stuff.

16. BMG22

BMG22

I bought my first gun (2nd gen G22 w/ night sights) at Cabelas world HQ store. It being used and showing obvious wear (not mechanical, pure cosmetic holster wear) they took about $25 off the price tag without me even asking!

Good guys at that gun counter.....they know their stuff.