close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used Gun Prices... Waste of Time?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by T-Rod45, Feb 11, 2012.

1. T-Rod45

T-Rod45 Loves The Glock

I'm always on the lookout for good used Glock deals. I'm looking to specifically add a G23 to my collection but would jump on a great priced 22,34,17, or 19. The problem is, used prices are REDICULOUS. :wow:

I can buy brand new gen3's at my LGS for $499. So why the HELL would I pay $25 less for a used gun?!? :dunno: These prices on used guns are just stupid. If you're going to sell a gun expect to take a loss. I'd be delusional if I expected to get anything close to what I paid for anything in my safe. Am I crazy to expect to lose at least 1/5 of the value a used firearm?? Sorry for the rant, but it just seems like it make no sense to buy used. And it's not just Glocks... Seems like 99% of all the classifieds I see online are priced at only 5-10% off the price of new. Anyone else agree here?

2. donsls6

donsls6

I know you're looking to save a few bucks and get a used one vs a new one. But when getting a used gun you never really know what you're getting until it's too late. Sure you can have problems with new guns too but nothing like having something that should'nt give you problems from day one.

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Just keep making the rounds to the LGS and be patient--I acquired quite a few "demo" Glocks which look to have been only test-fired at the factory. Plus, I got them from the "used/trade-in" section for the same or even less than LE pricing.

4. barth

barth six barrels

If I'm buying a high end gun? Or an out of production classic?
    I've got no problems buying used.
    But I only buy from reputable LGS where the gun has been gone over by a gunsmith.

But most Glocks, in general, are relativity inexpensive new.
    The only one I have, a Talo Special Edition EXO Gen 3 G27 with NS,
    that I bought new.

When I do want something used?
    I decide on the price I'm willing to spend and take my time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012