close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used Glock Sories...Share 'em

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcj128, Jun 12, 2012.

1. bcj128

bcj128

Let's hear some stories of a used Glock you picked up as a beater/used and how it became a favorite.

I'll start. A few weeks ago, I traded a G34 I liked , but didn't need for a used 2009'ish G30 SF (needed it for off-duty/ccw). The G30SF had broken night sights, and some carry wear, but came with a bunch of mags.

So I re-sprung and replaced a few parts, then bought a Don Hume 721OT - I even bought a 9-round mag for carry. Now this G30SF has become my favorite for Off Duty Carry. It's gone head to head against my Colt Commander and beat it for reliability hands down. Accuracy and recoil were excellent.

It will still need some new night sights with my next uniform allowance, and maybe another holster or two, but it's pretty much everything I could want in a gun.

It comes with me whenever I step out.

[​IMG]

Now...lets hear yours.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. Spartan24

Spartan24

Came across a very old G19 2nd Gen. BX### serial number. So old it even had the model number molded into the frame! Finish on the slide was bad. Lots of wear. Price out the door was $350. I then immediately called Glock and they said it needed upgrades. I sent it in, they fixed it up and I had them refinish it for an extra $60. I added an extended slide stop, maritime spring cups, and Trijicon night sights. It is the Glock I take camping and on rafting trips. I call it: Adventure Glock.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. JimIsland

JimIsland

Not so much a story but I've bought a used G26, G33, and Gen4 G17 in that order. Three awesome shooting guns and I've never had a FTF or FTE out of any of them.

I pay cash for used Glocks!!!

4. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I just picked up a "used" Glock 26 (4 years old but unfired) this past weekend. It is my favorite...now...because it is the least amount of money I've ever paid for any Glock. :supergrin:

5. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

I had (still have) a bunch of G26s sitting around and I saw an add wanting to trade a 17L for a carry gun. Well I had wanted one forever but could never find one. Sent the email and had the 17L in my grubby paws 30 mins later :tongueout:

[​IMG]

6. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

:hearts: (Couldn't find a 'drool' smiley. :supergrin: )

7. brickboy240

brickboy240

Bought my first Glock (2nd gen G17) as a police trade in back in the late 90s.

Bought another police trade Glock (2nd gen G22) shortly there after.

Still own and shoot both and they are the most trouble free pistols I have ever owned.

- brickboy240

8. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

Upon retiring from a LEO job, a daytime dispatcher asked me if I would be interested in a G19,gen3, as she wanted to buy a G27. Yes! Gun was mint shape, 2-10rd mags, box and manual included. After carrying a G22 for almost 8yrs, don't notice a big difference except shorter handle/barrel. Had a gunsmith install night sites, and bought a tactical light, added 3-15rd mags and good to go now. Shoots perfect to poa, and seems 9mm always feed properly, no fte or ftf. Great CCW firearm.(by s/n made around 2000.)

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

At the risk of sounding tacky when they added the G26 to the approved list I went and looked at a used G26 and found it to be a bit smaller than I had thought. I asked Ray (who is not my got to gun guy) if he could do anything on the price. He asked me some demographic questions and he said he could sell me a new one for ~60 less than the used one. So in a way a used Glock got me try a Glock.

10. jarubla

jarubla Dos Pistolas

Bought a couple LE buy backs G22/G17 (made in 92 & 93 IIRC), they work great. I like the old ones :)

11. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

I prefer my glocks like my women - NEW, not beat up and worn out - lol.

12. twag4

twag4

I got an early gen3 g27, test fired early in 1999, that had some holster wear. I paid $359 almost two years ago and have put probably 4000 rounds through it without so much as a hiccup. I always hated the holster wear so I got the slide refinished and polished the barrel and It is great. I absolutely love this gun. It is my most favorite carry and range gun. I can hit nearly 100% at 25 yards on the falling steel plates(10 inches in diameter) at my gun club. I have three other glocks as well as some other handguns I shoot, but this one is my favorite.

Attached Files:

13. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

I picked up a 27 with the factory copper colored grease still on the rails for $349 😚. Doesn't look like it has had 50 rounds fired thru it. 2 mags, no Tupperware. I had a first gen 17 that I sold for $250 to a guy around a year ago( first glock, didn't know better 😢

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  14. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Picked up a 19 RTF2 with gills that still had copper grease in it for a steal of a price. It was purchased and kept in a safe by an older gentleman that was getting rid of some guns. He told me that he put no more than 100 rounds through it. I'd be surprised if it had 25-50 through it. It was truly in new condition inside and out. Seriously could not tell it had been fired. Absolutely flawless inside and out. The gentleman had good taste though. It came with TFO's (not a huge fan of them but they get the job done), Glock "-" connector, smooth faced trigger, OEM extended controls, and plug. All documentation to include the stock parts (std connector, trigger bar, etc) came along with it. The plan was to add this weapon to my carry rotation....until.....a couple weeks later I came across another 19 RTF2 gillie that was LNIB. This one did have a few hundred rounds through it, but that's about it. I snatched it up and have been rotating it for carry ever since. As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of the 19, but an even bigger fan of the RTF2. In my opinion it is the best texture Glock has produced to date. Gen 4's are nice, but they don't stick to your hands like a RTF2. Standard Gen 3 frame texture to me = "Meh". It's like a bar of soap after your hands get sweaty during extended firing sessions (slight exaggeration but you get the point). To me weapon control under all/adverse conditions is more important than being "comfortable". Nothing beats it at the "factory" level.

The one with the X-300 is the beater gillie. I guess you could call my other 19's (minus the gillie with the TFO's) beaters as well since they get rotated for carry and fired regularly.

[​IMG]

15. toaddad

toaddad

At a gun show earlier this year I picked up a used gen 3 G26. It was virtually brand new. No wear whatsoever on the slide hood or anywheare else on the gun. It also had new fiber optic night sights, extended stainless steel mag and slide releases, and a new stainless extractor. It makes a great carry gun. Got it for $450 out the door (including tax).

16. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

lol. ha. Ya just gotta get up past the used part!:supergrin:

17. BuffaloBo

BuffaloBo

Sorry can't help ya. I've bought 2 "used" handguns so far. G17 with tactical light for $429 that was never fired. Colt Official Police from 1967 for $329 that was never fired. Too bad I passed on a never fired 92 fs for $500.

18. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Over the years I have purchased four used Glocks - love them all!

19. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I have a few, I enjoy them and if they could only talk!

20. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

Picked up a used Indianapolis Metro PD trade-in G23 not long ago. The most surprising thing is this gun could have passed for brand new. Most police trade-ins look like they've been rode hard and put to bed wet, but not this one. It also has factory night sights that are still strong and it came with two mags. All for less than $400 out the door!

I've also been carrying a well-worn G27 for some time. It's a Gen 2.5 made in '96. I re-sprung it, gave it a detail cleaning and it runs like a top. I'll have to replace/renew the Trijicon night sights in the next year because they are starting to get dim.