Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used Glock 20 locally. It is a 2nd Gen w/night sights, 150rds. of Double Tap, 4 mags, and a bunch of aftermarket stuff(rod, spring, ext.Slide stop, ext. mag release), plus the original parts. Roughly 600rds. through it. The only thing I don't like, it is has light engraving on the slide(initials) which I'm sure I can have them covered. I think the cost for everything is $425. Sound decent?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IF I buy it, I would get the slide polished or duracoated. Hopefully that would cover up the engraving. Here are a few pics the seller sent me....

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am supposed to check it out this week in person. If it looks good, I am buying it. If I don't, I need to find a new G20.

·
Perfectionist
3,285 Posts
It doesn't look bad. I have an older Colt AR that was a LEO who had his badge engraved on the magwell, I sent it to Mark at Arizona Response Systems to have it refinished and he said the engraving was not that deep and you can see a little where it was on the magwell but you can't tell it was a badge.

If you decide to keep a extended slide stop you will like the factory Glock one better than that Aero Tek. If it is a FTF deal I would offer him $400.00.

Paulie

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ext. Slide stop & mag release will be removed. I have an OEM ext slide stop I will put on it. I was actually planning on offering him $400 :cool:
There is also a small gouge on the front of the trigger guard, where a light rail was mounted. This will make a nice project gun.

·
Ret. Fireman
4,595 Posts
Go for it!
Keep the engraving C.G.M. make up a silly saying like these...
Cool Glock Man
Captain Glock Master
Cappin' Gang Members
Cannon Gun Mister
Competition Gat Mistro
Cool Glockster Michigan

Or what ever your heart desires...

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go for it!
Cool Glock Man
Captain Glock Master
Cappin' Gang Members
Cannon Gun Mister
Competition Gat Mistro
Cool Glockster Michigan

Alright. I will tell everyone that asks, that "C.G.M." stands for
"Cappin' Gang Members". :rofl:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just take a black crayon and color the engraving in. I have seen several Glocks where crayon was used to enhance the engraving Ie. white on black it seems to last fairly well and is very cheap to replace when needed.

·
Banned
775 Posts
Go for it!
Cool Glock Man
Captain Glock Master
Cappin' Gang Members
Cannon Gun Mister
Competition Gat Mistro
Cool Glockster Michigan

Was going to come up with some of my own, but these work real well.... LOL love #3 :rofl:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went and bought the Used "Cappin' Gang Members" G20 today. It is in better shape than what I thought it would be in. I stripped it down, cleaned it and took ALL the Aftermarket BS off it(aerotek slide stop, mag release, grip) It came with 4 mags(3-15rd, 1-10rd) and 140rds. of Double Tap(180gr. Gold dots, and some 200gr. FMJ) It also came with a Non-Captured steel guide rod and spring, And a unmarked/uninstalled 3.5 connector. The seller recently sent it back to Glock for upgrades. Here is a couple pics of what it NOW looks like......

The whole load

·
Ret. Fireman
4,595 Posts
Lookin' Good for Cappin' Gang Members in the Hood!

Enjoy it and be safe!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am thinking of maybe sending the slide off for a new look, or buying an aftermarket slide. I kinda want the "2-Tone" look. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
20,761 Posts
dang, that's an awesome deal. congrats:wavey:

honestly, i wouldn't mind a 2nd gen G20, my 3rd gen is nice...but the finger groves and the light rail isn't functional for me.
besides 150rd of DT ammo....nice score:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took the G20 out today. I fired 80 rds. w/out a problem. I switched recoil spring/guide rod about halfway through. I want to replace the night sights that are currently on it, with some Glock factory sights. I really don't like these. I think they are Trilux or something like that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts