close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used G36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Chigurh, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Chigurh

Chigurh

Have found a used, not used much, G36. Serial number is MPWXXX, which dates it to 2008. Were the troubles over by then, or do I need to pony up for a current, maybe only $120 more new model?
    I know this forum was buzzing with back-and-forths about this model, just cannot remember when the fog lifted.

2. mj9mm

mj9mm

:cool:I would take a chance for that price, my opinion is that too many reported problems were from people not able to handle the guns small size, could be wrong, but, i got a good deal on my 30sf because the person said it wasn't right, it was fine for me. can you test fire it?

3. Chigurh

Chigurh

Easily, I just spent 8 straight hours helping my LGS buddy at a big show in Raleigh. We sold around 145 guns :)
    Was just trying not to waste both our times. I'll probably grab it, and play with it, and see.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  4. mj9mm

mj9mm

i love mine, i prefer it to the 30sf for concealing. it shoots great, just grip it tight and go:wavey:

5. wickedarachnid

wickedarachnid one cool dude

I picked up a used Glock 36 about two weeks ago and it was a 2008 model (LWWXXX). The first 50 rounds of cheap tula ammo I had two FTE's. I then looked up some threads on them and read reports of these problems. I even read a huge article on another sight about a 2008 model having these problems constantly with several types ammo and different shooters.I thought i was doomed. everyone told me to test mine further before i condemned it as one of the problem glock 36's. Today i put 50 rounds of cheap federal champion ammo through it with no problem at all and I even limp wristed it purposely to see how it would react. still ran great. I would say its worth a chance.

6. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger

Buy it! Its a Glock and if there is any problems with it you know Glock will make it right. I would buy it in a heartbeat if that was the model I was wanting.