Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 132 Posts
1989. Graham vs. Connor. You are familiar with that, and receive regular update training on use of force, including the latest legalities, right?

1989. Graham vs. Connor. You are familiar with that, and receive regular update training on use of force, including the latest legalities, right?
Ok, listen. I was being SARCASTIC. Referring to the "old" days when policies/sop's were a lot simpler and none of this touchy/feely politically correct crap existed. Force met force. Simple.

Please don't insult my intelligence or work ethic. I have live and work in this era. I think I do a pretty good job of it.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Ok, listen. I was being SARCASTIC. Referring to the "old" days when policies/sop's were a lot simpler and none of this touchy/feely politically correct crap existed. Force met force. Simple.

Please don't insult my intelligence or work ethic. I have live and work in this era. I think I do a pretty good job of it.
:embarassed: Sorry about that. I'm a dumbass and obviously had my humor detector turned off.

Discussion starter · #29 ·

:tongueout:
:tbo:
:cheers:

TBO- He doesn't have to apologize to me and I don't have to "lighten up" because it did not bother me. Talk to anyone that knows me personally and you'll find I am one of the most even tempered guys around. I don't take words personally. However, when someone thinks I don't know basic 101 police work after 34 years and doesn't listen during in-service training and feel they must educate me I will stick my fat ass in it.

Oh, sorry, got to go, the rookies here and we're out of d-cells and saps.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
:bump:

Good post, TBO.

None of the armchair experts ever wants to admit (much less stop and think about) what their real basis of knowledge is on police use of force, including deady force.

They don't wonder why they don't think they know how to write code for a computer, (but if there were as any TV shows and movies about computer programmers as there are about police, they would think they knew all about that, too).

My wife is constantly talking about diseases she hears about on House, never even slowing down when her brother, the doctor, tells her that most of the stuff they say and do in the show is made up. :supergrin:

Good post, TBO.

None of the armchair experts ever wants to admit (much less stop and think about) what their real basis of knowledge is on police use of force, including deady force.

They don't wonder why they don't think they know how to write code for a computer, (but if there were as any TV shows and movies about computer programmers as there are about police, they would think they knew all about that, too).

My wife is constantly talking about diseases she hears about on House, never even slowing down when her brother, the doctor, tells her that most of the stuff they say and do in the show is made up. :supergrin:
I feel your pain on the House issue. The wife is always telling me about the insane scenarios on that show. The same thing happens in every episode its just a different disease.

Sorry for hijack. I have had TBO's article saved for quite some time and I read it once in awhile. I also sent it to everyone in my address book. They never wrote back but hey I tried.

People watch a few shows on tv and maybe an expose on 60 minutes or PMS-NBC and think they are instant experts and will have no hesitation in arguing with someone who actually is in the field.

I like this thread . . . . . but we will not talk badly about House. He's the man. I don't care if it is fiction. I want to grow up to be House. Except more sarcastic.

I like this thread . . . . . but we will not talk badly about House. He's the man. I don't care if it is fiction. I want to grow up to be House. Except more sarcastic.
House is real. I had dinner with him last week. Trust me, you will never be more sarcastic than him, just as you cannot kick more ass than Chuck Norris. It is beyond the laws of physics to allow for the possibility.

House is real. I had dinner with him last week. Trust me, you will never be more sarcastic than him, just as you cannot kick more ass than Chuck Norris. It is beyond the laws of physics to allow for the possibility.
Fine. Ruin my fun. Those were my two goals in life. Now I have nothing . . . . :crying:

Guess now I need to work on being a faster revolver shooter than Jerry Miculek and a better rifle shooter than David Tubbs. I should have it down by sometime next week.

21 - 40 of 132 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.