Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today my Xbox 360 controller I had plugged into my back usb port started making a sizzling noise and then I saw smoked coming out of the cord.

A few hours later my phone charger plugged into the back just straight up catches on fire where I would plug it into the phone.

Not really sure what's going on here..

· Registered
5,394 Posts
If it was the same port, It could be caused by physical damage.

My guess would be a bad power supply sending to much power to the USB ports.

If we are talking about an Xbox 360, the nice thing is the power supply is external so you can just buy a new one. Just make sure to get the right kind as there have been several plug patterns over the years on 360s.

Not sure about the xbox one.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it was the same port, It could be caused by physical damage.

My guess would be a bad power supply sending to much power to the USB ports.

If we are talking about an Xbox 360, the nice thing is the power supply is external so you can just buy a new one. Just make sure to get the right kind as there have been several plug patterns over the years on 360s.

Not sure about the xbox one.
Ah, I should have clarified that this is on my desktop computer. Tired of issues with it. Might be time to pack up and go buy a laptop.

· Registered
5,394 Posts
Still the use answer, most likely a faulty power supply.

· Registered
5,394 Posts
If you wanted you could test the outputs with a multimeter to be sure, but cheap power supplies usually do things like that after a dew years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.