USAF needs bombers

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Tomcat1977, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Yes but being on a list and actually being built are two very different things.

And Trump proposed a 4.7% bump when the Defense Dept only asked for a 2.4% bump. When was the last time a President gave more then what was asked for? Because of Trump were going to keep the USS Truman working while 2 new Ford classes are building.

Obama's last defense budget was 600 b, Trump just proposed 750 b. Sounds "meaningful" to me.

2. WT

WT Millennium Member

[​IMG]
    Bring back the Coast Artillery. Something like 8 batteries could bottle up all the channels to the South China Sea.

And get the Army to stop changing uniforms every time a new SMA is appointed!

3. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? CLM Millennium Member

If they're actually being built now, it's because they were authorized in the Obama or Bush era and finally entering the build pipeline. I think you simply don't grasp how slowly this wheel turns.

Lots of presidents have requested that Congress give more than Defense asked for. What matters is whether Congress then passes that, and finds a way to pay for it. Trump can propose a 5 trillion budget twice a week for the next 20 years, it's all about what Congress picks and chooses.

A decade is FAST for a modern defense project, even something 'minor' like the switch to 6.8mm.

4. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

We need to build atleast one of these.

[​IMG]

willie_pete likes this.
  5. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Its not just "what" is being built, its "how many". Also R&D has increased under Trump and a lot of systems have a new fast track under Trump, like Hypersonics which Obama let languish.

The 2 Ford class CV's being started and the 4 upgraded dry dock program, which is huge, including a west coast dock for super carriers was all under Trump. I could go on and on.

Obama was more interested in giving hand outs to illegals and bums. A typical Demokrat.

GlockPride likes this.
  6. F14A

F14A

As well as sympathetic to the muslim brotherhood, Iran, New Black Panthers, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers. Obama was a student of Karl Marx and in general the most anti- American President I've ever seen in my life..

Oh, anti miltary and anti law enforcement.

I guess I've expounded on your point..

7. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

https://taskandpurpose.com/lawmakers-furious-navy-uss-gerald-ford-aircraft-carrier

First steel was cut for the Ford 15 years ago. Keel was laid for the Ford 10 years ago. It was launched 6 years ago. Final cost will be billions more than the original estimate. The Ford still does not work. Maybe in a couple more years?

The Kennedy is already 2 years behind the original schedule and also billions over budget.

Hopefully the Enterprise will fare better but I would be surprised if it is operational by its 2027 planned date.

Meanwhile the Truman SAG had to deploy without the carrier and no one knows when it will be fixed.

https://news.usni.org/2019/09/12/es...ruman-as-east-coast-carrier-shortage-persists

The F-35 still has serious problems

https://www.defensenews.com/air/201...lock-to-fix-serious-unreported-f-35-problems/

Naval Aviation faced a $100 million budget shortfall this fiscal year and meanwhile we are spending billions to house and feed illegal invaders.

https://news.usni.org/2019/06/27/na...all-options-to-slow-spending-being-considered

No wonder a President Trump decided not to punch Iran in the nose for shooting down a $130 million drone, leading Iran to decide they could continue pirating oil tankers and try to start an all out war with our Saudi “allies”.

willie_pete likes this.