GlockTalk Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
No, lol... I don’t even remember what it was we were arguing about, some misunderstanding English is her third language and whatever I said was wrong, no matter what I said my fault for forgetting the basic rule, happy wife happy life.
I don’t know. That’s a hell of a watch.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bad mojo after that, I didn’t want it and told her to sell It, probably sitting in a box someplace the hands both fell off under the crystal, I’ve no idea the cost to repair, but nice watch...

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Bad mojo after that, I didn’t want it and told her to sell It, probably sitting in a box someplace the hands both fell off under the crystal, I’ve no idea the cost to repair, but nice watch...
I’d it was a man I’d have beat the living st out of him. A women id only break her nose.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It’s expensive but then what, I didn’t feel any different with or without and while I’d never dump that much on one, there’s much nicer watches to own. It’d bother me more to have someone steal it, she keeps life interesting...just don’t piss her off, lol. Now, a skeletonized Jaeger-Lecoultre Tourbillion that’s a watch.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
That watch is worth more than most of our lives. Do you understand that?
It’s expensive but then what, I didn’t feel any different with or without and while I’d never dump that much on one, there’s much nicer watches to own. It’d bother me more to have someone steal it, she keeps life interesting...just don’t piss her off, lol. Now, a skeletonized Jaeger-Lecoultre Tourbillion that’s a watch.
luxurywatches.com says the CHEAPEST of their watches is about $11k. I wouldn't physically attack my wife if she threw a tantrum and broke something that cost that much, but unless she was extremely repentant, there would be consequences on some level.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Repentant, she’s got a long list of great qualities believe it or not she’s charming has loyal friends around the world whom consider her family and will do anything for her, the Vacheron was given to her by some dealer in Europe she’s was friends with...repentant isn’t exactly one of them. But, I’ve met some really interesting people and had some great adventures, it’s all about the journey not the destination.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When we first met she (jokingly) and I quote said “treat me right you get back 10x treat me wrong you get back 100x’s“...wasn’t a joke.

·
In The Saddle
7,136 Posts
My $30.00 Timex.. Glued together leather strap, and rubbed down real good with Saddle Soap.
Everyday, and Sunday go to meeting. They get knocked around to much. ;)

CM
:horse:

IMG_7510.jpg

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Over the years I have owned lots of watches. Several Submariners, several Omegas, a couple of Tudors, some Seikos, some Citizens, some Luminox, and a few G Shocks.

I now only really wear Atomic Solar G Shocks (rotate between a couple of Rangemans, a Frogman, and a Mudman - just gave my Gulfman to my wife to replace her Luminox after it started fogging after a battery change :mad:) I still own two Luminox watches too.

The last couple of days I have been looking at the G Shock MTG-B1000-1A
https://www.gshock.com/watches/mt-g/mtgb1000-1a

I have sent off a couple of emails to different dealers to see about availability and price point.

While I love good automatic watches, I am REALLY a BIG fan of the Atomic/Solar G Shocks.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm with you. The Vacheron is a nice watch, but a nice wife is a lot better.

My old lady can break any and all my watches and I wouldn't care one wit. Hell, she's the brain behind the business and she's the one that truly brings home the bacon. As long as she does that and keep the kids in line, I can always buy more watches.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
luxurywatches.com says the CHEAPEST of their watches is about $11k. I wouldn't physically attack my wife if she threw a tantrum and broke something that cost that much, but unless she was extremely repentant, there would be consequences on some level.
I guess I was overreacting a little. I’m sure she is a wonderful person. I just always loved those drivers watches.

1041 - 1060 of 1072 Posts