GlockTalk Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Did you go through an AD for it, brand new? I’m seeing lots of warnings on YT and discussion boards about Panerai counterfeits being everywhere. Some so good they can’t be confirmed fake until opened up and the movement inspected.
Buy from an authorized dealer = no problem.

·
Cheese?
9,451 Posts
Though I'm wearing my Apple Watch a ton these days, I came across this sweet German GMT with a sandblasted stainless case, wide-open face, internal bezel, 12.5mm thickness and dual crowns, all of which pretty make it my Kryptonite.

I may or may not have ordered it today. :)

Obviously, not my pic.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,103 Posts
I did construction work most of my life and wore a Timex every day. I always replaced the watchband with a Twist-O-Flex so that the watch was easy to take off and put back on or push up the forearm to get it out of the way. I also like an analog dial with a white face and black numerals and I like having a button that lights up the dial so you can see it at night which is something Timex eventually offered. Other than that I never needed any other extras.

I never saw the need for a more expensive watch and I've never liked the looks of dive watches and I have problems with my ears and can't go further underwater than about ten feet so I've never had a need for a dive watch and to me they look gaudy and pretentious and if I were going to get an expensive watch I'd like something with a much more simple design.

And I also like the twist-O-flex type of watch band much better than a strap that buckles or any other type of band. I like being able to slip the watch on an off without a lot of fiddling around.

I stopped wearing a watch years ago when I started carrying a cell phone.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I did construction work most of my life and wore a Timex every day. I always replaced the watchband with a Twist-O-Flex so that the watch was easy to take off and put back on or push up the forearm to get it out of the way. I also like an analog dial with a white face and black numerals and I like having a button that lights up the dial so you can see it at night which is something Timex eventually offered. Other than that I never needed any other extras.

I never saw the need for a more expensive watch and I've never liked the looks of dive watches and I have problems with my ears and can't go further underwater than about ten feet so I've never had a need for a dive watch and to me they look gaudy and pretentious and if I were going to get an expensive watch I'd like something with a much more simple design.

And I also like the twist-O-flex type of watch band much better than a strap that buckles or any other type of band. I like being able to slip the watch on an off without a lot of fiddling around.

I stopped wearing a watch years ago when I started carrying a cell phone.
Virtue signaling. Tres chic.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
1. I grew up with windup watches, before the digital age, before even a date provision was put in watches. I was regularly wearing such until about 20 years ago.
2. When I discovered battery watches, I switched.
3. My favorite watches are two gold retirement, battery driven watches with inscriptions for which I gave new leather bands. In addition I also wear a simple Skagen watch.

I have three sets of shtf watches or rough condition watches:
1. Timex rubber band sports watches;
2. low end (up to $20) low end Seiko watches .
3. Swiss Army watches.

Today, most young people either wear the Apple watches or use a cell phone.

What watch did I wear today? A gold Hamilton retirement watch with a new leather band.

1001 - 1020 of 1072 Posts