close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

US grease gun modified

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by chowchow, Apr 8, 2007.

1. chowchow

chowchow

2. isuzu

isuzu

The Marine Scout Snipers use DPMS uppers. They figured out that Match Grade M14s are more expensive to build than the MSSRs.

3. revo

revo

Sad, so sad.

:upeyes:

4. isuzu

isuzu

The grease gun is still used by some special units even in the US Armed Forces. Nothing wrong about the design. Just like the 1911A1.

While others treat those armored vehicles and armament as scrap, the Philippine Marines made good use of them. That's Filipino Ingenuity. Under adverse conditions, the Filipino will always be on top of things, while others would be panicking.;)

5. squidville_1975

squidville_1975

And which branch of the U.S. Armed Forces would this be? Thanks.

6. Allegra

Allegra

If I'm not mistaken , Rick Marcinko mentioned that Delta under Charles Beckwith used greaseguns and 1911s in his book

7. chowchow

chowchow

Nawala na ang mga collector's value kung pagkasabi. But sa tingin ko ang dami yata pa sa AFP inventory lalo na WW 2 era weapons. Suerte tayo as these were payments in kind for the US bases of CLark and Subic.
    Ano kaya ang estimated stockpile ng mga US weapons (ww2) from 1911s to garands to springfield 1903s, maybe someone here is with the AFP ?

8. chowchow

chowchow

Si C. Beckwith was the man on the failed Iran rescue. Di ba decorated veteran sya sa WW2 and Korea conflicts? Im sure he is confident and comfortable in the grease gun's capability for the task at hand. .45 acp SMG at close range is no slouch.

9. dv8

dv8

Thats terrible. The ingenuity is great but they deserve more than museum pieces to fight with. :sad:

10. chowchow

chowchow

LOL, palaging making- do ang marines natin. That is great but they really deserve to have the best esp in today's battlefield. On the other hand at least magagamit na yung oldies but goodies of the past . Like the .45 1911 hindi parin matatalo hanggang ngayon after all the new guns in town. In fact it is getting better and popular halos the plain jane Milspecs are a comeback in everyone's collection much more na lalapit na ang 100 yr anniversary nito within 4 yrs from now.

11. bulm540

bulm540

What's wrong with the grease gun guys? For 1 Mp 5 they could refurbish a couple of these and arm a couple of marines. Sound like a good move on the part of the Phil Marines.

12. isuzu

isuzu

They're not museum pieces at all. They're still serviceable and credit that to the Philippine Marines' adaptability to the situation.

13. squidville_1975

squidville_1975

And why would they settle for surplus or hand-me-downs when they can have the best weapons? I thought the MP5, in it's many configurations, is the SMG of issue.

14. Allegra

Allegra

Di payata uso mp5 nun
    I think it was the sas or gsg9 who first used the mp5

15. squidville_1975

squidville_1975

Oh okay, I understand now. Isuzu posted that some of the U.S. Special Forces are still using grease guns.

16. isuzu

isuzu

I did not specify the U.S. Special Forces in my previous post, but other special units of the U.S. Armed Forces. The ones involved in unconventional warfare. They use a wide variety of weapons, and the grease gun is one of them.

17. squidville_1975

squidville_1975

And what do these special units call themselves?

18. vega

vega

Special Forces. :animlol:

19. bulm540

bulm540

bwa ha ha !!!!!:laughabove:

20. dv8

dv8

They sure are museum pieces. Serciveable? Were do you get new parts when they break? Most likely cannibalize other guns but then you just reduced your armory a little more (like the tanks mentioned)until eventually everything is gone. I'm not knocking the soldiers, if you read my post you would have seen that I said they deserve better and admire their ingenuity. The least the government could do is back up those guys with the right equipment. Given a choice would you want to go to war with a 60 yr old parts gun and a cheap red dot sight?

If they could, they would make a lot of money selling all those ww2 guns to collectors in the US then turn the money around to buy modern weapons (unfortunately, they cant).