Urban Bank Exec- Suicide on Glock .45

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Armed&Dangerous, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Armed&Dangerous

Armed&Dangerous

Wondering if Ted Borlongan, former President of Urban Bank, was a member here or even browsed this website at some point before... He used his Glock .45 to end himself.

2. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

Glock 21, 30 or 36? Suicide is a cop out. No problem is so big or so complicated that it can't be run away from. Hope his surviving family cope with his loss.

3. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

Armed! Musta na!~`c

4. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Well, it's a personal thing for all of us. True, suicide can be considered a cop out, as stated above, but some situations/mistakes/shameful situations can be truly unbearable, and we all make mistakes.

Towards the end, even the Urban board directors did not know what was going on there.

Suicide-wise, I am reminded of those small, weak-cartridge officer sidearms in the Japanese military in World War II. I read an American article to the effect that since those officer sidearms were basically useless even as self-defense weapons, they were probably more intended as badges of rank or as weapons with enough power for the officers to commit suicide if necessary. But that was an American point of view.

Rest in peace Ted Borlongan.