close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

UPS nearly scares the brown out of me

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by glockrod, Mar 25, 2010.

1. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

I ordered some stuff from Midway. The tracking history was weird(nonexistent). Then, yesterday the package shows being delivered. Well, there is no package on the porch so I am thinking that someone helped theirself to my stuff which would be very rarefor this to happen in my neighborhood.
    Come to find out, UPS just delivered it to my local post office so they can deliver it. Now, I saw the UPS truck near my house twice yesterday, but they couldnt bring it.
    Anyway, long story short, this was my first experience with the hybrid UPS/USPS shipping. I didnt even know they did that. I think I will just pay extra for brown to take it all the way in the future. Midway called it their UPS Basic shipping which apparently means you cant track a package until they deliver it with zero lead time.

Rod

2. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Same thing happenedto me, ironically with a Midway order! I didn't know about this UPS Basic (i thought it was UPS Ground with a name change)...a UPS truck is in the neighborhood every day mostly dropping off across the street...come to find out he dropped it off at PO for them to deliver two days later...I understand the concept behind UPS Basic, but will never again use it now that I know about it!

3. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

thanks on the heads up with this as I have never heard of this before and will make sure not to use UPS basic if given the option. Thanks

4. LL6

LL6

This hybrid you refer to is UPS Mail Innovations. DHL and I think Fedex also have their versions.

All I can say about it is :rofl:

It's cheaper than UPS Ground but can be much slower than regular USPS. I recently ordered something not much more than 100 miles from me. Took two weeks to get it. I didn't realize the company used it and I'm not ordering from them any longer either.

Basically it ships out UPS but goes to a USPS hub where it is trailered with zips from your area. When the container is "full" they ship it. If you live in a major metro area you might get relatively normal service. If you live out in the sand hills so-to-speak it may take a couple of weeks for no other reason than your container isn't full yet. As you noticed tracking your order is fubar'd, too.

We as consumers just need to careful to not accidentally pick this turd thinking it it UPS Ground because it isn't. I would pick USPS Priority or pay more for plain ol' UPS Ground before ever using this craptastic method. :steamed:

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

That's about as good as UPS placing an "Adult Signature Required" package worth $450 on my doorstep Tuesday! :wow:,...............:faint:

6. ravenkeeper98

ravenkeeper98 NRA Benefactor

"UPS nearly scares the brown out of me"

:rofl:

"What can Brown do for you?"

7. mrmedina

mrmedina NRA Member

I had this earlier this month with SportsmansGuide.com. They call it "basic delivery". I called UPS and the operator told me on non-priority items they opt for USPS.

Its sad that UPS has soooo much business, they give the scraps to USPS to make deliveries.:wavey:

8. LL6

LL6

Someone who works for UPS or Fedex please chime in; it is my understanding that if you have ever signed that it was okay for them to leave something on your porch previously, they will continue to do so. That is what I've had told to me by several route drivers.

9. GLOCKLOVER74

GLOCKLOVER74 NRA MEMBER

I'm waiting on a package that I ordered last friday. It was supposed to be here today but they have "adverse weather conditions" on my tracking and have had no update for a day and a half. WTF!