upgraded a bit

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by NDGlock, May 18, 2005.

1. NDGlock

NDGlock OIF2, KFOR12

I had a Honda CB 650 10 years ago and decided it was time to get into another. I upgraded a bit to a VTX 1800C. It is a 2004 holdover so I got a large discount from MSRP...but the color isn't my first choice.

I am thinking of changing it to either deep blue or metallic silver.

The new 2005 1800F version looks sharp. But the price went over my personal toy limit so I went with the 1800C version.

Since the pic, I have removed the yellow reflectors from the radiator.

2. NDGlock

NDGlock OIF2, KFOR12

3. NDGlock

NDGlock OIF2, KFOR12

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

^c

Nice.

I agree the color wouldn't have been my first choice, but if you got a good deal, it was worth it.

As for the paint job. Be sure to get a reputable person (check out other peoples bikes and photos of his work and such) and to remember, you get what you pay for. I have seen too many nice bikes ruined by horrible paint jobs. If I were getting just a solid color change, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a factory finish.

BTW dark blue sounds like a good choice.

5. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon

NDGlock:
    That is a very nice ride indeed. We like the color, too.

A few days ago, we were on a ride with some friends. We stopped at a traffic signal and watched as 10 cruisers passed in front of us from right to left. A rider on a Honda VTX was in the lead, and 9 riders on Harley's of various configuration made up the rest of the pack.

We remarked to a friend with some amusement that the Harley guys would allow the VTX to lead the way.

Our friend, an avid Honda fan, snorted, "They may as well. If the VTX rider takes a notion to go to the front, there is not a twin cam 88B motor on the planet that could hold him off!"

So true...

We trudge on.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I like that color. I think that it's kind of funky.

7. NDGlock

NDGlock OIF2, KFOR12

Thanks for the kind comments and advice on the painting.

It is amazing how responsive it is for the weight. It also is quite comfortable for my height/wt: 75 inches/210 lbs. The other bike I was looking at was V-Strom 1000 or Triumph Tiger given their height. However, the cruiser style won out.

I contemplated a Rocket III but the price was over my set limit. But, man, that rear tire on the Rocket, the engine, the girth etc is huge. I like it:)

8. jpa

jpa CLM

I like it...even the color! :)

Apparently there are lots of leftover 1800's out there from 04 and 03. Honda grossly overestimated demand, I've seen them in the dealer for as low as $7000 with 0 miles on the odo.

Glad you got a good deal...my Shadow 1100 may be next as a trade in...