Updated Projected Conyers Awards.....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Norske, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Perusing the preliminary Conyers match results, here are a few conclusions.

Number of Entries;

Civilian - 218
    Guardian - 34
    Competition - Master - 11 ($100 1st prize will be upgraded to a gun.)
    Competition - Amateur - 117
    Subcompact - Master - 7
    Subcompact - Amateur - 67
    MajorSub - Master - 6
    MajorSub - Amateur - 17 ($100 1st prize will be upgraded to a gun AND a $100 Amateur 2nd prize will be added)
    MasterStock - Master - 13
    MasterStock - Amateur - 27
    Unlimited - Master - 6
    Unlimited - Amateur - 16
    Total entries: 539

There are two "Admin DNFs" that may yet be resolved and if so, the final total will rise to 541.

Although the gross entry number reached 570, there were 5 "null" numbers plus 24 "no-shows" among the pre-registered, which brings the (probable) final number down to 541.

At either 539 or 541, this will remain the 2nd biggest GSSF match ever held after the 2000 all-time record match total of 560.

With these totals there should be about 9 1st place firearms including the ones in MajorSub-Amateur and Competition-Master. One more for the "New Member Drawing". "Place" cash awards should amount to about $1,900

At 541 entries, there will be 18 firearms awarded "at random" as well as 112 $50/2 year membership extensions totaling $5,600.

So, about 28 firarms awards and about $7,500 in cash or cash equivilent awards. (How many other matches have a prize table like that? Hmmmm???)

The "Masters" puzzle me. There were at least 13 of them THERE (that many shot in "MasterStock"). 11 of them shot in "Competition" and succeded in upgrading that 1st prize from $100 to a gun. However, only 6 of them shot in "MajorSub" and 7 shot in "Subcompact" so the 1st prizes there will remain $100 only.

Why don't more of you Masters shoot in these additional categories that are available to you and thereby collectively upgrade your available awards?

Whatsamatta? CHICKEN?

:headscratch: :supergrin:

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

WoW WOW !!!!!!!!

What a great prize table this one match has. Better than any other match I have been too. Could not ask for more.:2gun: :agree:

Pharaoh:)

3. James5m

James5m

:agree: Maybe next year we can bump those numbers up a little more..More entries=more prizes

Jim

4. SCC

SCC just me

I'M WITH THAT :supergrin: :thumbsup:

5. ede

ede

i don't understand it either. if nothing else an entry is like a raffle ticket for a random prize. it also ups the number and may allow 1 lucky or deserving Master to win a gun in one class and open up another class for another Master to win a gun since Masters can only win once per match. there is the potential for Masters to win 5 guns and maybe 6 with the matchmeister prize. I don't understand it either other than the entry fee may be a factor. I know a not having a class legal gun shouldn't stop most shooters since most likely we all know someone that would let us use their gun.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Like me I was lucky enough to barrow a G30 to shoot in Major Sub and Subcompact. My friend even let me change the sights on his Glock so I would be shooting it with the type I have been using on all my other stock Glocks.

Thank you Unclebob!

Pharaoh:thumbsup:

7. ede

ede

and i got Blue from jerry to shoot at ft. benning when my UL gun wasn't working. i've offered a gun and mags to more than one shooter. the last time it was a beretta 9mm carbine at a USPSA match. in that case mostly i wanted to get another shooter interested in the carbine class.