Updated G43

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TexasPOff, Nov 11, 2019.

1. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

So I was witting around today, and thought, wouldn't it be nice if Glock updated the standard G43 model.

I get the 43X and 48 are popular right now, but the 43 is a solid little pistol it's in own right.

What I would like to see if Glock update the slide, serrations, bull nose the front end, pretty much the same slide that is currently on the 43X.

Here is the fun part, keep the shorter grip, like it is now, but add some width to it, much like they did with the 43X and 48. I would think they could stuff a couple more rounds into it making an 8+1 pistol. Another plus would be, that with this configuration, it would accept the 43X/48 10 round magazines. That would be a huge selling point for them IMO.

I really like my 43, even more so than my 43X, which has since found a new home. I would just like to see the 43 get a little TLC from Glock.

It was just a thought.

TXPO

Jisbell40, BUG'S, GlockXS and 6 others like this.
  2. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

3. Bradd D

Bradd D

Why do you like the 43 better?

4. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

Sounds like a 26 to me

Lawdog3 and fxstchewy like this.
  5. powernoodle

powernoodle

Glock seems very intent on not creating pistols that scavenge sales from other Glocks. While this is not universally true (43X and 48), I think it explains why Glock never made a +2 mag for the 43. This can be quite frustrating for the consumer, but Glock is not in the business of pleasing the consumer. Its in the business of generative revenue. So I would be surprised to see an 8 round 43 - though that would be awesome. Market pressure from the P365 and Hellcat might cause Glock to do the expected - though I highly doubt it.

6. LPD ret.

LPD ret.

Not really. G26 grip width: 1.26"
    G43X 1.10"
    G43 1.06"

Mr Meeseeks and Dr_fast like this.
  7. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

The 43 is just slightly easier to conceal in stock configuration under light clothing. I enjoyed shooting the 43X far more than the 43, but that was solely due to grip length. While I like the 43X, I still think the 43 fills a CCW role better.

The other manufacturers are focusing on small subcompact high capacity pistols. This is where Glock has fallen behind, and with the release of the Hellcat, the 365 size 10 round guns aren't a passing fad.

This very well may cause Glock to think outside the box a bit. If they could get 8 or even 9 rounds in a 43 this would be a winner for them, and they would have something to compete against those two platforms, and others in the future. It's just a matter of time before someone else brings out a subcompact 10 round 9mm.

I do like Sigs, but I personally saw several 1st Gen 365's fail during range time with our officers. That put me off of them.

I like the hellcat a lot, was finally able to shoot one, and I am impressed.

A 43 with a slightly wider grip, same width as the 43X/48 wouldn't be a 26, but would fit right in with hellcat and 365. I can always dream, cant I.

While the 43 is far from perfect, it does what I need it to, and does it better than the 43X at least for me. But like so many others, I wish I there were more rounds on board before I had to go to the backup mags.

TXPO

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  8. 19glock84

19glock84

The 43x and 48 with only 10 rounds pretty much ruins that idea. It would be nice to see them come out with a slim line 26 but at this rate we'll just see X versions of already made pistols, which usually been having longer grip lengths. So I don't see glock creating anything new that would take always sales from 43x, 48, 26, and 43. I could be wrong...that would be nice but I doubt it.

9. uofaengr

uofaengr

After this many years never creating a factory extended mag, if you want more bang out of the 43, Glock wants you to buy a 43X and new magazines.

I suspect they will focus on railed or MOS versions of what they already have. Something incremental.

10. fxstchewy

fxstchewy

I look at the 43 as a snubnose with 2 more rounds and with faster reloads and that "I" can pocket carry, if it gets any bigger no PC for me.

Quade, Intolerant and ShaneS like this.
  11. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I think it’s my next purchase. So I will post when I snag one, your update will be announced the next week.

ShaneS likes this.
  12. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Tactical Elf"

That would be about right. I am thinking about picking up the Lipseys Vickers model. I can get a good price on them and they have some decent features for the money.

TXPO

13. shadowlands

shadowlands

And come out with an OEM Glock 7 round mag for it!!!

Intolerant, jsimpson4 and ShaneS like this.
  14. GlockyQ

GlockyQ

I was also thinking about the same thing, except the G43X type slide. Default 8+1 round “new and improved” G43 would be a perfect EDC for me. Then, if MagGuts+1 and +2 become available for “updated G43” (and G43X/G48), it would be a real “Sig P365 Killer”...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    ShaneS likes this.
  15. jsimpson4

jsimpson4

This has been my biggest gripe about the G43! It can't be that difficult to produce a 7-round OEM mag.....just do it. I know it can be accomplished with aftermarket items, but I don't like third party gadgets to increase mag capacity in a carry pistol.

Intolerant and shadowlands like this.
  16. shadowlands

shadowlands

Agreed! I don't want to carry after market either. I have an ETS but it's only for the range. They could even sell the darn 7 round OEM for $40.00 and I'd buy one. Geez.

Intolerant likes this.
  17. SK2344

SK2344

I guess these debates and comparisons with other single stack guns vs the G43, will never end. There are people out there that just have to have more than a 6 round magazine and they will never accept anything else for their needs and then there are people like me that love the G43, just the way it is and not even consider the 43X. The debates will never end and everyone will have to wait until next year to see the next "Latest and Greatest" small pocket gun!

Intolerant and Lawdog3 like this.
  18. ShaneS

ShaneS Millennium Member

I like the G43 and own 2 of them. I shoot them well. I do wish they would come out with a slightly wider G43 frame that could accommodate two more rounds in a factory Glock magazine for 8 +1 that would also take G43x/G48 mags.

GlockyQ likes this.
  19. Lawdog3

Lawdog3 “Fast is fine but accuracy is final” Wyatt Earp

I like the 43 the way it is. If I want thicker I'll cary my 26. I don't have a dog in the fight. I feel Glock has us right where the want us. Keep buying the next best Glock. I also feel that they offer several different option which is good for us as well. I just like the 43 the way it is small and compact when I can't carry a larger model. I'm sure Glock is working on the next latest and greatest!! I passed on the 43x 48 P365 add Hellcat. Tons of options out their. Ya just gotta find what works for you.

Quade, SK2344 and Intolerant like this.
  20. David Frost

David Frost

I have both the 43 and the 43X. I carry the 43 when I want just that little bit extra concealment capability. Generally, I carry the 43X for the capacity. I always carry a spare magazine with both pistols. In order to up the capacity on the 43, I add Pierce +1 grips bases. I have also had the Vickers Tactical +2 bases on magazines from past 43s. Both work well, but do take a degree of concealment away from the pistol. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a 43 length grip frame that could hold 8 rounds would not be a bad thing in my mind. I'm not too sure if I could part with my 43, even with that. It just fills a niche. I guess if I decide I've got to have 10 rounds in a concealment mode, I'll just carry a Sig P365 (but i'd rather carry a Glock).

Lawdog3 likes this.