close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Updated AmeriGlo Web Site

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Mar 28, 2010.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The new, improved, updated site is up at www.ameriglo.com

Check out all the new Glock sights. I ordered a set of the new GH-431's with the square orange front. I'll report back on them as son as I try them out.

Don't forget to enter GSSF in the discount/coupon area.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. icedevil

icedevil

What % is the discount for GSSF members?

3. dubels

dubels

Wow I didn't know there were companies besides Glock that gave a GSSF discount. Thanks for the info.

4. DannyR

I think it is 20%.:cool:

5. icedevil

icedevil

That would be very generous. Thanks.

6. tinman517

tinman517

Looking forward to your range report. The GH-431 looks great and might be what these old eyes are yearning for.

7. dubels

dubels

Wow 20% would make the new sites worth it to just try out. Also looking forward to your range report.

8. DannyR

Well, I shot 200 rounds with them Saturday morning. It was 9:30am and sunny. That front sight is very bright. Mine, a prototype, is a reddish orange and not the orange as pictured. Best way to describe it is that it is like having a legal red dot sight on your Glock for amateur categories. So far, I like them far more that a fiber optic front, due to the large size of the red/orange square. Very fast on the plates. Hope to try them at the indoor range later this week.

9. tinman517

tinman517

Danny,

I hope that this isn't off topic . . . But, will the same sights fit my Gen 2 G19? I like to get 2 sets, one for the G19 and my AA 22lr. conversion kit. I am uninitiated at installing sights. Is it a simple task or should I have them done by a smith.

10. DannyR

Yes, they will fit a G19.

11. tinman517

tinman517

Thanks for the info, Danny. Just ordered a set of the GH-431. The GSSF discount is a great plus, as well.

12. gary newport

gary newport

Danny, you may remember a post some time ago wherein I praised the Ameriglo square orange "Lumidot" front sights. I have them on several of my Glocks, combined with a factory steel rear sight. The combination provides high visibility in practically any lighting condition and is consistent, unlike fiber-optic sights, which can vary considerably in intensity. My best scores in GSSF Civilian division have been achieved with this sight combination.

Black-on-black sights may be great for younger eyes, but those of us who are "of a certain age" can often use a bit of help!

Oddly enough, I still have the factory white-dot polymer sight on my newest G34, though I've installed a factory steel rear sight. The polymer front sight is of the newer type, held on by an actual screw. I was curious as to how well this more-secure attachment would hold up to repeated draws from the holster and general use. So far, it is fine.

I like the white-outline steel rear sights better than all-black aftermarket types because the outline can serve the same function as "light bars" on either side of the front sight in low-contrast situations. That is, one can center the front sight in the rear notch using equal amounts of light on either side of the front if enough light is reflected back from the target. If not, placing the front sight equidistant from the white upright lines on the rear can accomplish the same purpose.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  13. DannyR

Gary,

I remembered your review, which influenced me greatly.

14. gary newport

gary newport

Thanks, Danny! Several people in my neighborhood have expressed interest in my sight set-up, but none have become converts.