Glock Talk banner

UPDATE PAGE 6. Broke a trigger spring this morning so thinking about this...

9230 Views 123 Replies 64 Participants Last post by  rottglocken
Hello lads and lasses,
So this morning during my range session I broke the only weak part I’ve ever found on a Glock, the trigger reset spring.
This is admittedly only the 3rd one I’ve had break in almost 17 years with the G19’s but it is also the ONLY part I’ve broken in almost 17 years with the G19’s. It is however the first one I’ve had break in probably 10 years so I wasn’t real worried anymore till now.
I’ve had these parts for years and I think it’s time to find out if it’s all I’ve ever read about ( good and bad).
My thoughts on this are if this takes just one fraction of a chance away from a real inconvenient breakage smart money says do it. Anyway it’s a good day for a detail strip and clean so I’ll use this as a great excuse for a second range trip today.
Grey Bronze Brass
See less
Hello lads and lasses,
So this morning during my range session I broke the only weak part I’ve ever found on a Glock, the trigger reset spring.
This is admittedly only the 3rd one I’ve had break in almost 17 years with the G19’s but it is also the ONLY part I’ve broken in almost 17 years with the G19’s. It is however the first one I’ve had break in probably 10 years so I wasn’t real worried anymore till now.
I’ve had these parts for years and I think it’s time to find out if it’s...
See more
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

· Banned
8,024 Posts
It SHOULD...but no 2 Glocks are the same. Unless you are magic like Johnny Glock, you might get close if you installed the same set up in 2 different guns. The set up in my G21 is 5lbs...but feels less with hardly any wall. In my G19 it's 4.5 lbs, but has more of a wall.
The large frames and small frames will always be slightly different when it comes to triggers because the bars themselves are different as you know. Also, the 45's use the large fpb unlike any other Glocks, even the 10mm's. The regular frame Glocks have slightly better potential for good triggers IMO. The best trigger in any of my 10's and 45's is the trigger in my 36 which uses it's own trigger bar. It is also bone stock on mine, down to the 'old 5.5' connector. The large frame trigger bars can be made lighter by tweaking. I have done it just to see what I could do but don't use it often.

· Registered
216 Posts
I've got the stock spring, '-' connector, and an extra power striker spring (and recoil spring). Gives sort-of a NY1 pull (mutes the wall), but without the friction of the NY1 spring pushing on the bottom of the cruciform. Works for me. YMMV.

· Registered
3,067 Posts
My G-19 had a NY-1 trigger spring, without the coil spring.
I changed the connector to a "-" and tried it.
I just didn't like it. As I would take up the slack, it would fire.
No wall at all. The trigger did not feel any heavier as with a oem spring.
I put the connector back, and am trying to figure a way to get a stock spring without paying the Shipping cost. Shipping is 2-3 times the price of a spring. Just have to wait till I have several more things to order. Some place said shipping is free after $250.00, I don't need that many springs.

· Registered
216 Posts
My G-19 had a NY-1 trigger spring, without the coil spring.
I changed the connector to a "-" and tried it.
I just didn't like it. As I would take up the slack, it would fire.
No wall at all. The trigger did not feel any heavier as with a oem spring.
I put the connector back, and am trying to figure a way to get a stock spring without paying the Shipping cost. Shipping is 2-3 times the price of a spring. Just have to wait till I have several more things to order. Some place said shipping is free after $250.00, I don't need that many springs.
Have you checked Glockmeister? I think for small items like that, their shipping isn’t that bad. Order a bunch of them (3 or 4 or so), and you should be good for life on trigger springs. Just a thought. I’m pretty sure that’s where I ordered mine. Their shipping might show a standard cost up front, but I think as I went through the checkout process, the shipping went down just because of the small parts.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.