Glock Talk banner

UPDATE PAGE 6. Broke a trigger spring this morning so thinking about this...

9218 Views 123 Replies 64 Participants Last post by  rottglocken
Hello lads and lasses,
So this morning during my range session I broke the only weak part I’ve ever found on a Glock, the trigger reset spring.
This is admittedly only the 3rd one I’ve had break in almost 17 years with the G19’s but it is also the ONLY part I’ve broken in almost 17 years with the G19’s. It is however the first one I’ve had break in probably 10 years so I wasn’t real worried anymore till now.
I’ve had these parts for years and I think it’s time to find out if it’s all I’ve ever read about ( good and bad).
My thoughts on this are if this takes just one fraction of a chance away from a real inconvenient breakage smart money says do it. Anyway it’s a good day for a detail strip and clean so I’ll use this as a great excuse for a second range trip today.
Grey Bronze Brass
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Text White Font Colorfulness Black-and-white
This morning Mike M posted that that’s one of the major improvements of the GEN five. I would post a link to this if I knew how to do it. Not very computer savvy, so I usually take photos of interesting posts and store them for later reference.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
(Part of what follows has already been presented by others in this thread.)

Glock OEM Part Design Improvements
To Reduce Coil Trigger Spring Failure

1. In 2010, the new Gen4 pistols implemented:

a. A new coil trigger spring attachment point on the Trigger with Trigger Bar that reduces the stress on the forward TS hook to make hook failure less likely.

b. A new coil trigger spring attachment point on the Trigger Mechanism Housing that reduces the stress on the rear TS hook to make hook failure less likely.

2. By 2011, the Gen4 improvements were implemented on new Gen3 TWTB and TMH parts and pistols. Backfitting these improvements in older Gen3 and earlier pistols only requires replacing the TWTB and TMH with CURRENT Gen3 parts, and installing a new coil TS.

The coil trigger spring seems to fail most often at the rear hook with the pre-2010 design.

I would not waste time worrying about coil TS hook failure if I were using a Gen4 pistol, or a Gen3 or earlier pistol with the improved Gen3 TWTB and TMH.

The TMH for Gen5/M/G42/G43 incorporates an integral coil TS that compresses and has no hooks. TS spring failure should be very very very rare.
Thanks Mike, always appreciate your insight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.