Glock Talk banner

UPDATE PAGE 6. Broke a trigger spring this morning so thinking about this...

9230 Views 123 Replies 64 Participants Last post by  rottglocken
Hello lads and lasses,
So this morning during my range session I broke the only weak part I’ve ever found on a Glock, the trigger reset spring.
This is admittedly only the 3rd one I’ve had break in almost 17 years with the G19’s but it is also the ONLY part I’ve broken in almost 17 years with the G19’s. It is however the first one I’ve had break in probably 10 years so I wasn’t real worried anymore till now.
I’ve had these parts for years and I think it’s time to find out if it’s all I’ve ever read about ( good and bad).
My thoughts on this are if this takes just one fraction of a chance away from a real inconvenient breakage smart money says do it. Anyway it’s a good day for a detail strip and clean so I’ll use this as a great excuse for a second range trip today.
Grey Bronze Brass
See less
Hello lads and lasses,
So this morning during my range session I broke the only weak part I’ve ever found on a Glock, the trigger reset spring.
This is admittedly only the 3rd one I’ve had break in almost 17 years with the G19’s but it is also the ONLY part I’ve broken in almost 17 years with the G19’s. It is however the first one I’ve had break in probably 10 years so I wasn’t real worried anymore till now.
I’ve had these parts for years and I think it’s time to find out if it’s...
See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
If you put an aftermarket spring in there it will break in like 5 minutes.

Reactions: Seroke

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Politely disagree. Have shot thousands of rounds with the Wolf competition spring.
I thought most would get the sarcasm with the 5 minute part. ;)

A lot of people know I'm part of the it doesn't have to be all 100% Glock or it's unreliable brigade.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
I

I have fired thousands of rounds through 25 glocks since 1991 some are all stock and some I have a duty carry or completion carry spring in them. Never any issues with any of them.
Sarcasm sir. Nothing more then that. Go read post #7 of this thread.

Reactions: FireMedic-50
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.